FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 12:23:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicle cannot go over 50 kph  (Read 5322 times)
mc54

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2010, 02:28:00 PM »

Car has only a top speed of 50.  Grin

Mike
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »

Nice drifting action Mike.

Dean.
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 05:14:33 PM »

once again -Mike, you never cease to amaze!  Grin

NosFEratu
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 08:02:38 PM »

Notice its an FE

Uh oh i think i have said too much

Brett-f
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 09:36:23 AM »

Mike, remove that smelly bit of arse-end of dead vermin; should be good for at least 60 then...  Wink

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
mc54

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 05:49:26 PM »

Geez

I am actually at a loss for words over the last 2 comments. You are a very brave men. Good luck  Grin

Mike
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 06:46:24 PM »

Brett - what can I say except "when only the best will do!"  Wink Cheesy

Jack - I am pleased that you remembered foxtails are an approved anti-speeding device!  Wink

NosFEratu
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 07:29:11 PM »

Sorry Kathi,
my humble appologies to you and those i might have hurt but im guessing if it had been an FC i could bet the shoe would be on the other foot.
brett-f
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 07:55:45 PM »

Jack - I am pleased that you remembered foxtails are an approved anti-speeding device!  Wink

see, Mike; didn't hurt a bit

yet...

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 07:59:02 AM »

Hi Brett - no offence taken at all! As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get there - it's how you get there that counts!  Wink

And Mike - I think you do a fantastic job expressing your creative talents through photoshopping, however, we haven't seen any updates on your real car for a while............. I'm assuming you're getting plenty of miles and enjoyment out of it?

Kathi   

NosFEratu
mc54

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »

To be honest with you Kathi I am seriously thinking about selling my car. I don't drive it very much at all - 1057 kilometers last year and about the same the year before. I plan to move to Queensland in the new year and since I won't have a job to go to I am not if I will be able to afford to run a second car.

There hasn't been a lot of changes to the vehicle - a stainless overflow tank and an electric fan in front of the radiator to keep the temperature down. That is about it. Outside of the usual repairs to keep it road worthy.

Mike
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 09:26:05 PM »

Sorry to hear about your thoughts Mike. In the end you're the only one that can make the final decision and only you know your circumstances and your long term goals as far as cars are concerned. Trust me, 1,000k a year is a lot more than some people drive their cars - if it is really the car you want then I'm sure you'll find a way to keep it.  On the other hand, sometimes these situations are a blessing in disguise as they make us stop and consider what we really want.

Hopefully things in Qld will work out for you better than you originally anticipate. I wish you well with whatever your decisions may be and hope to see more of your art in the future - you bring a lot of fun and laughter to many people with your creations.  Smiley

NosFEratu
mc54

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 07:19:15 AM »

Thanks Kathi

Thankfully it is not a decision I have to make right away. I will see how I feel as the time gets nearer. Until then though - registration is due next week - which should not be a problem getting it through and then drive it until the time comes. The only thing I have not done yet is the timing gear. I don't know if there is a fibre one in there or it has been replaced with an alloy one when the engine was overhauled.
Most everthing else has been repaired. Complete new brake, clutch and cooling systems. Gearbox overhauled. Rear suspension bushings and pins. One king pin. All the door seals. New head gasket and brass expansion plugs. Engine mounts. And the list goes on. All mechanical, no panel repairs or paint. I think it looks fine as it is. I can park it anywhere and don't have to worry about paint chips or dings.

Regards
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: