FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:47:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Car sales success on EBAY?  (Read 5379 times)
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2010, 05:35:15 PM »

Given that I have not heard back from any of the people who said they were after a van etc, I would like to pose a question and this applies to anyone here who has sold an older car.

How successful or otherwise can the EBAY selling process be?

Given that I will be listing the van on there what are the best ways to approach the whole deal as I don't want idiots putting on bogus bids etc, or other time wasting crap. What I thought about was using EBAY as an advertising tool but insisting that only those who had seen the car could place a bid (or just buy it when they came and saw it?)

Anyone who can offer input on selling on evilbay Huh

Cheers

Dave Mac  Smiley
Smooth

I love earlyholdens!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 06:30:42 PM »

It is possible to only allow "approved" bidders. Or at least it used to be that way.
You will need to read up on ebay about listings.

Visit http://help.ebay.com.au/Help/Search
and type in Approved Bidders

Regards, Smooth  Cool

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »

I find selling older  cars bikes ect attract a certain person that is not a tool
yeah you still get the odd fool but i have sold a lot of items and have never had a bad run only a couple of bad purchases.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 11:39:38 PM »

Dave,

I have had quite good success in selling earlier model cars, I have sold them both when someone has come to look at the vehicle and online. I have found it to be an excellent advertising medium, good value for money.

While you will encounter a few idiots, most are genuine, or at least that has been my experience.

Try it, give it a go, at best you will sell your car, at worst, you will be out of pocket the advertising fee

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Champ58FC

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »

I have to agree with all of the above advices, and comments.
Also, you can set a reserve to your item(s) if you think it might attract time wasters so to speak...

Good luck with it mate.

Han.

They sure don't make cars like they used to...
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:45:43 PM »

haven't really had a bad experiance with ebay only thing i find with reserves is it attracts people fishing for the reserve i always just start at the minimum price i'll take
i don't know how things work legally with forcing people to pay but i state in my adds as i'm seeing alot more people are doing that they are bidding to BUY the car NOT having sole rights to look at it

oh and be prepared to answer dumb questions and questions that you prolly have allready told them in the description Roll Eyes Grin
Baz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »

A good option is to list it on ebay as a classified ad with best offer.
By doing it that way nobody can buy the vehicle without speaking to you first as there is no buy it now button and no bidding.
I used that method to sell a '34 Rod recently with great success.
The classified ads are quite cheap and last for 30days from memory.
Cheers, Baz.
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 10:26:40 PM »

Sorry guys but I am a bit late getting back on here - the van sold so it won't have to go on evilbay after all but I still have some other stuff so I'll eventually have to do the usual dumb question routine etc..........

Hey Mick are you going to AHD?

Dave Mac  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: