FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 08:25:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: holden to make parts for "its own classics"  (Read 2542 times)
chrisfc

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:43:42 PM »

I read in the melb herald sun cars guide today about ford in the us expanding its offical restoration business. They were talking about mustangs but reading on the article mentioned that holden is starting its own restoration parts business for its own classics $$$.  Has anyone heard of this. I know a young bloke who is working in the design dept at holden. I'll have to see if he can find out anything.
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 11:03:08 PM »

See here

http://www.holdenrestorationparts.com.au/HoldenRestorationParts/index.html
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 10:39:28 AM »

Might make some rare things more available? Or will it need to be high volume stuff?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Shayne
qld-club

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 01:27:22 PM »

I work part-time in a small Holden dealership, and it's my understanding that this is just an arrangement between Holden and Rare Spares, whereby Rare Spares products will be made available in certain areas through Holden spare parts dealers.  The packaging even says 'Holden classic spares by Rare Spares' or similar.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »

Would I be cynical in suggesting a marketing ploy by Holden using Rares existing own brand items repackaged with "Holden" on them? Or is it really Holden made and distributed by Rares?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 09:55:51 PM »

Yes you would be cynical Roll Eyes - the deal between Rares & Holden is for GMH to release dies and tooling for obsolete parts to Rare Spares so that low volume parts can be made by Rares to GMH specification. Nothing that goes back to FE or FC is in the pipe line - more likely the products which have been deleted in the last 10 to 30 years.

I have spoken to people at Rares about this deal for a while now and even though it may not be big new for us, it will allow a lot of previously unavailable parts to be remade.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: