FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:54:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Electric wipers into FC  (Read 4875 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2003, 10:20:04 AM »

Hi all.
I am after info on how to install the electric wipers from an EK into an FC. I thought it was straight forward, but have recently been told you can't just bung the motor onto the firewall & bolt it up. The motor is there & wired up nicely, but the under dash set up is a mess!!! :-/ What is the best set up under the dash? ie. What bars & wiper pivots do you use?
I had a look under the dash of my wagon (They were installed before I purchased it) & found the arms have been cut & extended. Also, the pivot bit seems to be out of another car entirely & is causing cracking to the windscreen scuttle!! Shocked Shocked

Any help would be appreciated, as I drive my wagon daily & need to fix this. I have disabled the offending wiper before it causes too much more damage.
Regards,
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 10:51:32 AM »

Hi Rob
I used the EK wiper motor backing plate and crank with the FC arms and pivots, i also made up some new nylon bushes where the arms attach to the crank and had no problems. Are you using a preslite or AC Delco motor? I've found the Preslite to be the better of the 2.
Hope this helps.
Regards ACE
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2003, 10:55:53 AM by ACE » Logged
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 11:03:17 AM »

Hi Ace.
Yeah, that is what I thought. But seeing the mess that some dabster put under the dash of my wagon & then hearing that other arms were needed had me cofused. I am 99% sure mine is a preslite motor, but if not, I will get one & do as you suggest. Thanks for the help.
Rob
p.s. I haven't forgotten the ID plate, I just haven't had time to get up there lately.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 12:20:54 AM »

Rob,

Preslite motor has grooves (not unlike a piston head) around the base.  AC Delco has a slightly domed base.

Speaking as a very satisfied customer, have a chat to Ken about his 2-speed wiper conversion kit.  You won't be disappointed.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 09:19:27 AM »

While trying to make the commodore wiper motor work, Digger sent me these pics of the correct set up for an electric motor. It got me out of strife!

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 10:11:25 AM »

Thanks for all the info fellas. I will give it a go & see how it turns out. 2 speed would be good.
Rob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: