FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:16:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Bench Seats  (Read 2006 times)
cobralucha

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 04:52:28 PM »

I've been trying to get hold of all the parts I need to return my new FC towards originality. I have been led to believe that I currently have an FB seat and definitely an FB steering wheel and column lock (thanks Ken). My first job is to get the front seat sorted out, is there an easy way to pick between the years...someone once said something about plastic vs metal fittings, is that correct? ...and, one more, is there any differences in 58/59 special steering wheels? Thanks
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 08:51:32 PM »

The embossing across the top section of the FC seat was introduced midway through 1959, as were the 2-tone blue and 2-tone green seats. Virtually all 1958 series FCs had a plain black top section. (One exception are the terracotta cars that had mainly black seats with ivory across the top.)

The key difference between FE/FC and FB/EK seats is that the later models have the metal sides. All FE/FC had plastic sides, FCs were always black, FE ones tended to be colour coded to suit the trim: blue/green/red/brown etc.

Steering wheels are all exactly the same for all FE/FC, as are the horn-buttons (occasional variations in colours of buttons notwithstanding). The only difference is the shape of the horn-ring, FE is a full ring, FC a half-ring.

Hope that helps.

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
cobralucha

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »

Cheers RET, fantastic answer. Thanks very much for the help...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: