FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 04, 2024, 06:59:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V6 conversions are people happy with theirs/feedback.  (Read 16049 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 09:12:40 AM »

Hi Grimbo,

Id reckon a V6 would be good as a daily simply because a V8 drinks fuel.

They're good mileage figures ratbox, my T700, 3.25 injected got 10L/100km on the highway at best.  Better than a 202 on highway, but worse around town.

I spotted a cheap VL last week and was tempted to squirrel it away for a conversion. Jap engines are just so much more efficient. I'm even tempted to use an Isuzu 2.6L 4 banger!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 01:43:39 PM »

don't know how to do the multi quote thing Embarrassed
fchoon, bit of oil never hurt anybody Wink Cheesy
pedro, i just wouldn't fell right if i wasn't Wink Grin
Ed, i've also thought about how well they go but it's just wrong and a 4 cylinder is just wronger Wink Grin remember coming up one of the hills on heathcote rd and being zipped passed by a tarago full of islanders and thought i wonder what that engine would go like in a car that loaded is about 600 kilos lighter Shocked Grin
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »

Ed I have contemplated an sr20 conversion as well.
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 07:30:13 PM »

I bought a new workshop ute a colorado v6 petrol 22,s chip exhaust the whole lot to replace my  92  4cyl rodeo 650thou on the clock and i reckon it still has more power and more torque and pulls a better burnout even with that many K,S on it gave it to my apprentice and its still going i miss the old girl.

absaloute  puss bucket i remember towing a HQ ute with it i got 240KMS out of a tank.

My new sr5 turbo diesel makes more torque and power than the V6.
4 Cylinders may be wrong but there are many running sub 10 second quarters
check out the latest zoom mag a CA18 making 750HP at the wheels thats 1.8 litres of buz box in a KE corrolla
Even worse than this is holden bringing out a HQ from factory with a rotary in it now thats just really really wrong.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: