FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:10:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Shane's FC  (Read 12116 times)
cobralucha

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »

Hi All,

I recently purchased this FC from eBay. The guy had picked it up from a deceased estate in Pymble he told me. Similar to Josh, this is my first car however I am 26 (embarrased yet?). Anyway it was in Botany, I'm in the city...so I got my old man up from Wollongong and we checked it out. Guy seemed very honest, car looked pretty good to me and the old man and we went back to drive her home the following Saturday. Our plans are to slowly pull her apart make sure basics are in working order and do a bit of the old father/son stuff and then after my ankle has healed (just had surgery) should be good for the weekends.

For Ken
FC/225-13867M
Trim 506-630
Paint 256-2033
RPO 253-9751

Last one shows the worst looking spot underneath, seems to be a result of the clutch master leaking.

Let me know what everyone think. Cheers

Shane
WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »

Bloody good first car  shane congrats
fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »

Looks great and I bet you are proud as. It is a very neat, tidy and presentable car.
The horn is fantastic. Do you want to sell the horn by any chance?
I love in the eBay advert that its a Holden Falcon.  Cheesy

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:08:02 PM »

This car looks to have had a rebuild at some stage and is in fine condition enjoy the ride  Grin Grin......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
cobralucha

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 11:25:35 PM »

I like the idea of an original horn, but this has a nice low(er) note

I will let you know if I change my mind...
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 11:46:53 PM »

From those pictures, if that is as bad as it gets - tune it, service it and drive it! Don't fix what's not broken....

Nice Car!

Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 06:55:51 AM »

Nice first car Shane, looks like someone has kept her in good nick, I'm with Paul just fix anything that needs it and enjoy driving her, things have a habit of getting out of hand once you start stripping them back, check out some of the rebuilds on here and you will see what I mean.
                         Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
cobralucha

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 07:22:48 AM »

When we went to pick it up the front left was sticking and wouldn't roll past a certain point going forward at first just reversed out of the spot and it was all good, so I'd like to know why that happened. The rear wheel bearings will need a change and obviously that master cylinder needs to be replaced.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 07:35:44 AM »

When we went to pick it up the front left was sticking and wouldn't roll past a certain point going forward at first just reversed out of the spot and it was all good, so I'd like to know why that happened. The rear wheel bearings will need a change and obviously that master cylinder needs to be replaced.
And sounds like wheel cylinders need attention as well going on what you have just described .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Champ58FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 09:35:45 AM »

Congrats Shane Wink

They sure don't make cars like they used to...
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »

Very neat and tidy. Looks the part. Well done.

Regards

Wayne
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 01:15:58 PM »

G'day Shane,

What a cool first car.

Just fix it and drive it - otherwise you run the risk of having it off the road fixing this and that, and before you know it, a few years have flown by.

P.S. the father/son stuff is a pretty cool experience  Smiley

Cheers,

Josh

Ol_Girl_58
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »

Great car - if it is original it is in amazing condition - but it does look as though someone has cleaned up underneath and given it a freshen up under there. No rust in the bottom of the A pillar is a bonus!

Ken
Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13:55 AM »

Nice car. The "deceased estate at Pymble" to which you refer also included that incredible NOS parts hoard that came onto the market a few years ago. Does the vendor, "Mick" still have it all I wonder?

Here are some photos of the warehouse. I think your car was the main one that the guy who collected all these parts owned.

Here is some of the stuff I bought from the collection and incorporated in my resto

cobralucha

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 11:10:19 AM »

Nice car. The "deceased estate at Pymble" to which you refer also included that incredible NOS parts hoard that came onto the market a few years ago. Does the vendor, "Mick" still have it all I wonder?

Here are some photos of the warehouse. I think your car was the main one that the guy who collected all these parts owned.

Thats the one, I went to see Mike yesterday...he had an old beat up bench seat for me. I know he does have some parts left and I've also spoken to him this morning and he doesnt mind if anyone calls him. The number is on the ebay ad...

...Just make sure you don't take the parts I'm after
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »

Congratulations on your purchase Shane. Here's hoping you get plenty of years of enjoyment from tinkering and driving it.  Cheesy

NosFEratu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: