FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VH40 Booster dis-assembly  (Read 2452 times)
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:41:34 AM »

I have a PBR VH40 booster that I am trying to strip down so I can blast, paint and re-kit it but can't get the diaphragm plate and it's attached plunger out of the cylinder casting.

Can anyone tell me the trick to getting it out as the rest of the strip down is pretty straight forward.

Cheers and thanks in advance.

Dave Mac
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 11:06:43 PM »

OK

Being the clever Vegemite that I am I have worked out how to dis-assemble the diaphragm plate from the spindle. Once that is done the rest of the tear-down is pretty simple. I read somewhere that the nut on the end spins off so I went looking at how the spindle must be stopped from rotating so you could do this without grabbing the spindle with multi's etc.

Obviously the diaphragm chamber will already have been separated by removing the compression band. All I did was poke a pop rivet nail down the inlet fitting and engaged a hole I noticed in the diaphragm spindle. I guess some coat hanger wire would most probably fit too, but anyway, once the spindle is locked with the 'pin' in it the plate can be turned in an anti-clockwise direction and the nut will spin off the end and all parts withdrawn.

Sorry if anyone is confused but it all seemed pretty easy.

Now I am not saying you should attempt to rebuild the booster (although I can't see why not) but at least you've got it apart and can refinish all the parts etc.

Cheers

Dave Mac  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: