FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 03:21:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Confessions of an ambulance chaser  (Read 7468 times)
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »

Forgive me Richard, for I have sinned.

I can't have it on my conscience any longer - I have to confess that on the track at Bathurst at the Nationals I broke the absolute rule of NO OVERTAKING.

And it gets worse - I overtook an ambulance.

I know I risk exclusion from all future Nationals, but I will plea insanity if that helps.

Apart from that - I was going to be in the back of the ambulance if I didn't go around him!  Unfortunatley Paul lost his revs and I tried to keep mine up and he just kept getting closer and closer and all I can say is  - I didn't want to either stop or hit him, so around I went.  (I may not have been alone in committing this sin, but I will not name names ... yet).

This is what I was following:

and he kept getting closer

and closer

I was too worried making sure I didn't hit him to photograph the slope where he decided to go for 1st gear.

Now - how many people can claim to have overtaken an ambulance on the race track?  At least 2 that I know of.

Cheers
David

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »

You're forgiven, since I think it's pretty safe to say you won't do it again.  Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
stapla

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »

I was surprised to see cars going the wrong way around the track.  First time I'd seen that at any race meet.

Cheers
Peter.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:16:41 PM »

Seems like a bit of manipulation of the pics going on here.  Huh
Based on track position, it would appear that these pics are out of order.  Roll Eyes
Seems to me on investigation, that the Ambulance was infact pulling away from you.  Grin
Regards
Alex

fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »

Although I dont have photographic evidence, I was overtaken at one stage but as the guilty party confessed rather than loose their momentum, stop, as well and have to go back to first gear 9 ( Angry darn non sincro gears) or ride with me they over took me. As hard as I tried Griffin's Bend near killed the ambo on the second lap once I had caught up with the others. Even with lights and sirens it still wouldnt fly. Shocked

Next time I might have a V8 in it, then try and catch me  Wink

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »

Alex, I'm with you on this one. Definitely some hi-jinks going on. David, your new engine should be run in nicely by now, it seems to me that all the cars are pulling away from you!

Colin.

colt
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 12:58:54 PM »

Oh, so someone noticed.  I don't think the photos are even all from the same lap, but hey - you can't get the punters interested unless there are photos, some of the shots have been touched up, add a bit of a controversy and then they may listen to your story.

Colin, my new engine wanted to go up the hill and how could I deny it that pleasure.

Paul - looking at those shots again, you do look low on the left and it is not just the camber of the track.

Cheers
David

fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 01:36:32 PM »

Paul - looking at those shots again, you do look low on the left and it is not just the camber of the track.

I was a little concerned about the lean of the ambulance so went out in the shed to check it. It seems ok now. Perhaps it was my passengers that I had in the car. Case of too many Easter eggs and good food over the weekend  Wink

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
FC58q

I love My FC's all 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 11:09:16 AM »

Unfortunately my Police van got RED flagged at the end off conrod straight for over taking, I had no choice everyone else had STOPPED and I couldn't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: