FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 12, 2024, 01:59:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reluctantly offered for sale: FC ute project $3000 firm.  (Read 3888 times)
rusty58

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »

Due to growing demands in other areas (i.e. work, family, other projects etc.), which mean I am likely to make only limited progress on my FC ute for the foreseeable future, I have reluctantly decided to offer it for sale.
It has a 186, celica 5 speed, HR front end with Torana discs and HR rear end (ratio unknown). The engine runs but the ute is currently undergoing a brake rebuild so is not currently driveable. I have fully recoed Torana calipers, new pads, new rear shoes and wheel cylinders which I am yet to have a chance to fit.
The interior is missing the seat,hood lining, floor covering etc. The passenger door has no door trim.
Body condition: It does need rust repairs. It will require at a minimum: Trans. tunnel, front floors, outer sills, tailgate skin and spare tyre tailgate. There are various other areas of the body which will require patching, i.e. above the sills behind both doors, behind the rear window, around scuttle air vent, around the tailgate. Front subframe appears ok but the box section in front of the rear leaf springs needs replacing. The floor in the ute tub is very good; the only section definitely needing attention is between the petrol tank and spare tyre tailgate.
Other than a couple of shallow dents, the body is quite straight. The doors have a bit of rust along the bottoms of the outer skins and the passenger door has a couple of small holes on the bottom. The guards are quite good. The front bumper, grille, front guards, bonnet lock panel and rear window are out of the ute, but are included. Other than the interior, it is basically complete.
A spare HR disc front end is included in the price.
Please note that this is a project car and the above description is intended as a guide only. It does need work, possibly a full rebuild. As such it is offered for sale as is, where is (Geelong) without RWC or registration.
Inspection is welcome but an appointment will need to be made as it is in a shed about 10ks from my house. If there is no interest, I am happy to keep it but it isn't going to do anyone any good just sitting there indefinitely.
steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »

Gday Like to see youre ute pm me with conact details thanks.
Cheers
Deano

FE and FC"S rule.
clivetitchener

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 10:53:38 PM »

hello mate sorry to hear you are selling the ute  unfortuneately i do not require another one but if you could spare the time could  you measure the tension rods for the roof liner i believe there are 3 i have tried the restoration section of this forum with no luck  my loss of 1 is holding up my project and i would apprecite it greatly yours sincerly clive
rusty58

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:30:10 AM »

Deano,
I'll pm you now.
Clive, sorry, I don't have any hood bows either! I know a guy who has another ute and I'll see if he has them. Surely someone on this forum has some? As I mentioned in the heading, I am very reluctant to part with the ute, but have come to the realisation that it will be quite some time before I will be able to make any real progress on it. On that basis, I thought if someone was keen...
Everyone,
I have managed to get the brakes assembled and working. The car is driveable (sort of) but needs a battery, a good service, a seat and probably the carby overhauled. It's a 350 Holley, by the way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: