FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:39:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Transport to Dinners  (Read 2546 times)
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:28:23 PM »

Hi RET & others

I noticed on the itinerary that buses will ferry entrants between Turner's Vineyard and the Orange Function Centre and that they will be picking up/dropping off those staying at motels on Mitchell Highway. 

Not that it is of any concern to me (I don't drink) - but - I am aware that a number of entrants that do like to partake in one or two amber/clear drops are are staying at the Village of the Damned on Summer Street East roughly 1.5k off Mitchell Highway.

So if required, are you able to arrange for the bus drivers to pick up/drop off at the corner of Summer Street East and Mitchell Highway?  Smiley

Thanks

Kathi

NosFEratu
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »

Are you the sober spokesperson?

If by "Village of the Damned" you are referring to the Canobolas Caravan Park, then pickup/drop-off there is already under control, since it is nestled between the aforementioned Motels.

If people don't wish to wait for the bus, the hike between OFC and the Mitchell Highway motels is only about one kilometre, even with a wobbly boot. The bus service is predominantly for those staying out at Turner's, which is a significant distance down the way.

Summer Street East is even closer, somewhere between 600 and 1200m, depending on which end, but in the wrong direction. Personally, I don't think it would be worth waiting for/getting on the bus, even if it was going that way.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:04:09 PM »

A drunken wander back to the Accomodation is always fun  Tongue although the quoted 9-10 minutes walk would be pushing it  Undecided

NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 11:57:41 PM »

Thanks RET - no, definitely not the sober spokesperson.  I was having trouble finding an address for the OFC and therefore was unsure of distances etc (yes, I like to be organised!) so maps put it into perspective - thanks.

We're at the Summer East Apartments - so you realise that you've probably just offended everyone staying at Canobolas CP!  Wink Cheesy   

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 09:02:01 PM »

but bus trips are soo much fun Undecided

but im with stinky walking staggering in a strange town at all hours with no idea of direction, or comprehention of time is far more entertaining Tongue

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: