FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 09:50:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: entrant question  (Read 5126 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: March 16, 2010, 08:52:54 PM »

i was going to ask this as a PM but i feel there may be others in my position
will my car be accepted as an entrant if it is carrying an Unregistered Vehicle Permit for the duration of the event and is covered by private insurance.

the permit will allow the vehicle to be driven on any road in NSW ( and is covered by all states)
the reason i ask is that according to the latest newsletter, only cars on FULL or Club plates/rego will be accepted.

a prompt response on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:12 PM »

oh and by the way, the contact phone number on the nationals website is wrong. nice lady on the other end but i think after a couple of months of it she is getting tired Wink

fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »

I am also in the same boat.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:23 PM »

Bring a bell and walk around ringing it and yelling "Unclean! Unclean!"  Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 04:42:42 PM »

Bring a bell and walk around ringing it and yelling "Unclean! Unclean!"  Grin

probably already shuffled off to a dark corner somewhere due to my association with you mob Grin Grin

but on a serious note, getting just a little concerned.
under 2 weeks left a fair bit of work and dollars to get it drivable and not even sure if my car will be accepted. there is probably about 2% chance i will be registered in time. but if not and they wont accept temp rego there is sweet FA that i will even spend money and tow the car up there. might aswell bring a cardboard cut-out and park it.

i have tried contact numbers provided but both are wrong! can someone please let me know.

thanks
dean

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 07:11:39 PM »

Dean,

The phone number has been fixed, so please let me know where you've found it still listed incorrectly. Your enquiry hasn't been ignored, to be fair, it's less than 24 hours since you raised it. Graham rang me at 8.00 this morning to let me know of your query, and in between doing actual work I've been researching it. This has involved - so far - calls to 4 government departments and two calls to interstate delegates.

I had hoped to resolve this today, but I expect I will have a definitive answer for you tomorrow.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 07:21:27 PM »

thanks for the response ret, im just starting to freak a bit regarding time/money etc.

the number listed was the contact number on the nats website  i tried last night, the lady said she has been recieving calls for well over a month, but she was very understanding ( thankfully)

looking forward to an answer, positive or negative.

thanks
dean

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 11:49:08 AM »

OK, I've spoken to people at the relevant authorities, to get the good oil. I've spoken personally to smithy and fe-ambo about this, so what follows is to assist anyone else in the same boat.

You can apply at your local Motor Registry for an unregistered vehicle permit. Ultimately, it would seem the provision of a permit is at the discretion of the manager of the Registry, and by no means a certainty to be endorsed. (The typical purpose of these UVPs is for seasonal use of farm machinery or moving plant equipment etc.) That approval may also require pink slip/blue slip and by extension, engineer's certification.

I've spoken to the RTA, to the Policy Section of NSW Police Traffic Branch, and to Shannons Insurance. If you have the UVP, and the vehicle is being used within the conditions set down thereon, then it's considered to be registered for all intents and purposes. You should speak to your insurer and let them know that the car is being used in this manner, to ascertain for yourself that your insurance will be honoured in the unfortunate event that you need to claim on it. Getting something from them in writing would be a very good idea.

So, long story short, if your application is approved, and you have proof of both the permit and the vehicle's insurance, that can be accepted for the purposes of participating in the Nationals.

We look forward to seeing you all there in a couple of weeks.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fe-ambo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 06:51:45 PM »

Thanks for following this up and clarifying the situation for myself and any others who also might be in the same predicament.
I appreciated the phone call to myself as it alleviated my concerns.

Look forward to catching up in at the Nationals.
Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »

Ret i too thank you for your efforts in clarifying this situation, its just one less headache.
now i can concentrate on getting it ready Wink

looking forward to catching up in Orange.

and anyone else who intends on driving a modified car on a UVP. carry your engineers report if you have one.

see you soon

dean

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: