FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 03:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Who's for some Orange?  (Read 19564 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: February 27, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »

Try hitting Ctrl-F5 or Ctrl-Refresh...

Just a bit of a change of scenery, in keeping with the theme of the upcoming event... Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »

Cool!!
Great mood setter.
Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 10:56:55 PM »

Don't know about mood setter, a pants-filler for me at the moment  Shocked Still have to get the car sorted  Undecided

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 11:10:49 PM »

If you want to identify yourself as a Nats entrant, feel free to use this avatar. Click the "Profile" link in the bar at the top, then choose "Forum Profile Information" from the side menu.

The avatar is called "13th-Nats-Entrant", it's near the top of the list.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:43:20 PM by RET » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:09:40 AM »

For the older members .......................... My title bar's so bright I gotta wear shades ................... )

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
GMB-58FC

Stage one complete...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »

Wrong shade of Orange IMO so i'll stick with the normal layout.

ABS Hobart- 6231 5855

FOR ALL YOUR BRAKE & CLUTCH NEEDS. 

PM FOR QUOTE
jack_fc

SouthWest Coast, Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 04:43:51 PM »

Wrong shade of Orange IMO so i'll stick with the normal layout.

I'm all for Orange, but I find the orange a bit unsettling  Undecided
How does a computer-illiterate old fart change it back to blue??
Or am I stuck with orange until Orange?

"when I was a young lout, it was all about sex, drugs, rock'n'roll, beer and hot Holdens. Now I'm an old lout, but I've still got the old Holdens and beer..."
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 05:23:07 PM »

You can't. I think grandmasterb was referring to changing his avatar, and that perhaps the colour of the race-car is the wrong shade of Orange.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 07:15:58 PM »

I'm not too keen on having the orange colour either, especially in the middle of a heat wave, is there some way we can change it back to a nice cool blue RET.
                      Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 07:35:17 PM »

Orange?  Huh  Mine's still a very nice comforting shade of blue.  Smiley I'm touchin' nuthin!

NosFEratu
REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 07:45:46 PM »

BUGGER!!!!!!  I don't like orange, I want to go back to blue.  How do you do it??

Not funny if you can change it back .......... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Angry   Angry   Angry 

1959 FC Holden Ute
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »

Honestly, what a bunch of whingers. It'll change back in six weeks or so, and then people will complain that the blue colour is too insipid.

REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 09:50:17 PM »

It's not about being a "bunch of wingers", it's about having control over what happens on my computer.  Surely if hitting Ctrl + F5 turns your Forum into "orange" then give us the Ctrl + F5 to turn it back ......... or

AT LEAST WARN US FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!

1959 FC Holden Ute
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 10:02:46 PM »

Honestly, what a bunch of whingers.

Do you always have to be obnoxious to anybody who doesn't agree with you RET, don't you think it might have been smarter to let people know it was irreversible before you "suggested" they try it.
                     Pedro

F4+
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 10:05:42 PM »

I LIKE IT  Smiley

can i keep it even after the Nats ?

Cool Cool Cool

PS I found if you lick the computer screen it has a nice citrus flavour  Roll Eyes
( trust me....would I lie ?)

cruisin's great with a 58
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 10:25:42 PM »

It's just a theme on the forum, to promote the Nats. It's not like the content or behaviour of the thing has changed. For every user getting bent out of shape about it in this thread, there's another in this thread with positive feedback.

Try and maintain some perspective, people.

Regarding the 'irreversibility' and suggestions that it's exerting some control over your computer: it's just a website. Ctrl-Refresh just forces brain-dead browsers like IE6 to reload cached graphics. Users of Firefox or Safari would have seen the change immediately. IE users would see it eventually.

Sorry if you think that's obnoxious. Sorry if you don't like it. It's just advertising.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 08:16:58 AM »

RET, It's not the fact that this is being forced on us that we found obnoxious, It's the fact that neither Jack, REDMR2RED or i made any remarks about you, all we did was asked politely if this could be changed, even though you are supposed to be a moderater on this site your response was to immediatly attack the charactors
of three club members on the main forum in front of the hundreds of other members you are always telling us we have to maintain our behaviour in front of Huh, do us a favour next time you have some crazy idea to change things on the site warn us first.
        Pedro

F4+
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 08:46:07 AM »

Here you go guys, knock yourselves out.

http://www.notgoodenough.org/
http://www.registercomplaints.com/
http://www.generalcomplaints.co.uk/

Not one of these sites has an orange theme so you'll be safe.

While you're at it sign up for a good HTML course, some MYSQL training would be good too, and if you get the chance try to get some PHP under your belt. That way you can give RET a hand and might then understand why its OK if he gets a little touchy about people slagging his significant VOLUNTARY efforts.  Roll Eyes
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 09:01:05 AM »

Craig that's the whole point, none of us has slagged off at RET, all we did was ask if it could be changed, I appreciate how much work RET and Stinky put into this site without them it would not exist, but there is such a thing as tact and diplomacy.
                     Pedro

F4+
julius
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 09:09:26 AM »

Hi all

Don't complain be happy and spread the love..

I personally don't mind the Orange and any change is as good as a Holiday. But when I log on the Orange hits me in the face and wakes me up and thats a good thing. It also gets me all juiced up to read all these fantastic stories and adventures we are all having.

By the way........have I told you....I hate BLUE but you don't hear me complaining about it, and I know this is a great site, as Richard said its only advertising, so as to get us all into the spirit of Orange... the Nat's that is.

One of my favorite colour is Frankston Cream and the reason Effie is painted that colour is because she was originally BLUE and I HATE BLUE... have I told you that, the other colour I love is Fuchsia now that's a nice colour.

Anyway the site is more blue with only a splash of Orange so it's not to overpowering and the blue and orange complement each other.

I would like to suggest that we change the colour of the site monthly so as we can all be happy eventually.

Have I told you.... I hate BLUE

I hope Fuchsia is first.

Anyway see you all at Orange.

Safe Cruising

Julius

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: