FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:05:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: N.O.S. FC Front Indicator housing  (Read 2625 times)
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2003, 11:21:19 AM »

N.O.S. FC P/S/F indicator housing (Unchromed) No pitting and perfect for chroming. $30
Phone ACE 0427430044 or send me a p.m.
Cheesy
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 01:28:54 AM »

Embarrassed Sorry Slim
     I had to pry myself away from the computer and go and do some work. (This site is addictive) I've got one for you and a couple more if anyone else wants one. Grin
Regards ACE Cheesy
Phone 0427430044
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2003, 06:06:44 AM »

Slim
The indicator housing is definately a N.O.S one, it is not 2nd hand.
I have sold a number of these and had no complaints.
This is how they were sold from GMH in etch primer for FC utes and vans.(Ask the Guru)  If the Guru says they were not sold like this i will happily give you your $30 back.
Regards ACE
« Last Edit: February 08, 2003, 06:29:03 AM by ACE » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 09:35:22 AM »

Slim and Ace,  I have been asked to make a comment here and reluctantly I will, but it is difficult since I haven't seen the part(s) in question.

I will confirm that there were FC headlight, taillight, park lights and grilles supplied from the factory in green etch primer as new parts for use on FC utes and vans.
However without seeing the part I cannot say that what Slim has bought is NOS.
There should be no evidence whatsoever of screws being done up on the back or front or marks which would indicate dechroming from a previously chromed part.  For all intents and purposes it should look very clean as you would expect a NOS part to be.  It should not look like a dechromed part.

Ken
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 09:58:20 AM »

For what it's worth, I have 2 NOS tail light surrounds in etch primer, the best way to describe the colour is yuk!
sort of a dull, dirty green/grey, one of them has a few slight pimples along one edge & I got them from a GMH  dealers shelf about 10 years ago & he reckoned that they would chrome up a treat because they had never been chromed before.
On the other hand I also aquired from the same bloke a completly assembled NOS tail light with a chrome surround, ready to attach, no comparison, it's beautiful.
If your item is a NOS surround Slim, it should chrome up well, or indeed paint up well providing it has led a sheltered life out there in NOS land.
Regards Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: