FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 09:07:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mr 4hammers MIA ????????????????????????  (Read 4112 times)
vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2010, 10:04:42 PM »

Hi ladies and gents

Anyone know how I can track down 4 hammers who has been known to frequent this site?

Some time back I was winning bidder (nad payer) for a new in line shift kit that he had on ebay but when he went to send it "Oh No - I can't find it said he and offered few options. I am not inferring in any way he stole money or reneged - he just plain disappeared from view and I want either my money or the NOS Impala in line shift kit he claimed to have.

Leads would be appreciated

Dave    Smiley
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:47:14 PM »

How can anyone list something on ebay and then a week later have lost it? You need to take pics of it and list it, so you must have had your hands on it only a few days previously. I have seen this before and it has always baffled me.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 10:56:28 PM »

Have you tried all the usual stuff? Email, PMs, contact through Ebay?
Googling "4hammers" turns him up on a few other forums, or you could try cold calling the bakers in Hobart  Undecided
He's probably just dropped off the 'net, I've never known him to be dishonest, just a pain  Tongue

vmx-mxr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 11:42:55 PM »

Hi Paul and Stinky

Yeah - I am baffled Huh He said he had it and then once he had my dollars he didn't !!!

I have tried the FB EK forum and have also tried his PM with no luck - I will have to trawl through the ebay stuff in the hope of hunting him up again.

Thanks !

Dave Mac  Smiley
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »

PM sent
Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »

Hi All,
Well, look what happens when you dont frequent a site for awhile. OK, lets get this story straight, Pal.

I listed an item, a NOS Straight Shifter, that was in the Box. On completion of said auction, I was packing it down, ready for shipment, when I noted the instructions said "H" Pattern shifter.... WTF??? So, on closer inspection, it turned out to be a "H" Pattern shifter in a "Straight" shifter Box. At some stage it had been swapped around.
So, I immediately contacted the buyer & explained the situation with profuse apologies. I offered a complete & immediate refund on that item. He was thankful & said he would send through the bank details. At NO stage did I claim to have lost it???
Sooooo....... I waited......waited...then sent a string of emails asking for contact. I even placed a "Cancellation of eBay transaction" request, that he didnt respond to in the alloted time....this was like 6 months ago now...
So, i just left the shifter in the shed, where it still sits now. David then out of the blue, sent an email & asked why I hadnt sent the money...i told him why...No acc details...he then called, I told him I would happily return money, as I had offered to do numerous times...He SMS'd me his bank details a few days back, then I paid....easy.

Then last night, a mate said to me, "Someone is looking for you on the FE FC forum....claiming you ripped them off"....

Really....I would have to be one of the biggest dickheads out there to try that on...i have perfect eBay feedback....people who dont even like me, have to admit I am dead honest...& the fact that I have ONE username EVERYWHERE "4hammers", makes it pretty damn easy to track me down.....not like I try to be incognito or anything.

I have also been listing items on ebay since that transaction, so really, not too hard to find me...

So, there you go...those are the REAL facts. I have all the eBay email correspondence if anyone requires it to clear my name.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 09:17:11 PM »

See, I told you so  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print