FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 12:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V8 Conversion: largest possible into 1958 fc Wagon  (Read 13235 times)
boss

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »

other than stroking a 307 small block to create a 350 Chev in my fc is there any way of installing a 350 Chev for nsw rego (money no object)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 06:58:22 PM »

Head over to the FB/EK Forum and PM a bloke called Harko, has was saying that he could legally fit a BB Chev to a Wagon when using a "secret" full chassis from another car.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 08:24:09 PM »

Mid 70's Toyota Crown.
Regards
Alex

boss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:31:51 PM »

a mate of mine told me that he had heard the same thing but was unsure of how true this was. has anyone seen this done?
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »

Have seen it done to an FJ  but better ask your Engineer if it is still OK to use a donor chassis in a unibody constructed  vehicle and not fall in to the Individually constructed  class ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
boss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 06:50:22 PM »

thanks all, im on to it
WSC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 09:14:30 PM »

Hey Boss

I have only recently seen your question about fitting a small block into your wagon.  You can put a small block into your wagon.  I have a business that does fabrication and modification work.  Early next year I will be commencing work on an FB Ute.  The vehicle will be running a big block chev and will be fitted with a HQ one tonne chassis. I am based at Windsor.  If you like you can contact me on 0425 389 810.

Cheers
Jeff
Western Street & Custom
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:43:56 PM »

Hey Boss

I have only recently seen your question about fitting a small block into your wagon.  You can put a small block into your wagon.  I have a business that does fabrication and modification work.  Early next year I will be commencing work on an FB Ute.  The vehicle will be running a big block chev and will be fitted with a HQ one tonne chassis. I am based at Windsor.  If you like you can contact me on 0425 389 810.

Cheers
Jeff
Western Street & Custom
Hi Jeff what will it be registered as A HQ one toner or a modified FB  Huh Huh Huh....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
WSC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 06:31:11 PM »

Hi FC427

The car will be registered as a HQ one tonne due to the chassis

Jeff
Western Street & Custom
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 07:59:41 PM »

There is an FX or FJ Ute Conversion (with a lot of patina, surface rust)  running around using a 1 Tonner chassis, I spoke to it's driver, and he put me on to CD or DVD you could but that lists the process step by step.

I suppose thats one way to get a v8 now that the rules have tightened up
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »

There is an FX or FJ Ute Conversion (with a lot of patina, surface rust)  running around using a 1 Tonner chassis, I spoke to it's driver, and he put me on to CD or DVD you could but that lists the process step by step.

I suppose thats one way to get a v8 now that the rules have tightened up
Up to 310 Ci V8 is no problems in FE FC  it's that every seems to want 350 Ci 0r more .......FC427.......

rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »

hi was talking to a couple of friend they where saying that with new rego laws you cannot put a v8 into a early holden is this true rod
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 11:03:37 PM »

There are suppose to implement a hole bunch of new restrictions February 2010  but the way they seem to operate they may be a long way off and what restrictions will be imposed will be a wait and see ....There has been talk to this effect about no V8's for early Holdens for years and it is still acceptable  ....But they did stop 440 Ci in Valiants and big block Chev's in HQ HZ vans wagons and sedans ........FC427.......

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 08:27:31 AM »

hello,

Hi Jeff,

Sounds like an interesting project.

Will the engineers and/or rego authorities view the HQ chassis mod as an MPV or will they try make you rego as an ICV?  and is this decision at the discretion of the engineer?

After Harko's project some time back, I got thinking about doing something similar using a small ute chassis.

It sounds achievable, but I'd hate to start a build to be told it needs to be rego'd as an ICV.

I guess I should speak to an engineer first, with some plans in hand.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
fcv85l

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 10:20:13 PM »

apart from boffins and casting numbers most sbc blocks are the same drop in a 350 and scrap the 307
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: