FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 09:25:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: On the Rack  (Read 1967 times)
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2009, 07:56:23 AM »

Hi Dudes, I can get my hands on a VB Comm. 6 cyl. Power Steer Setup, and as existing steering is the Original I am Keen to do the Conversion. The question is which is the Best Position, Forward or Rear Mounting for the Rack? Is the VB Column suitable or is there a better choice? Hobbo.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 08:12:52 AM »

Rear mounted for a  6  cylinder Holden engine  shortened [only the body is shortened] vb vc vh  Commodore rack.....Front mounted with 6 or 8 cylinder LH LX UC Torana  rack .. I have seen a heap of different racks used over the years from Austin 1800 to Aftermarket racks but the above seems to be the most common ....There are arguments for both front and rear mounting of the racks this has been discused before if you do a search you should come with the answer you need ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Hobbo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:58:00 AM »

Thanks for your reply, thats exactly what I needed to know. Hobbo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: