FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:44:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tuning Triple downdraft strombergs  (Read 2972 times)
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:03:43 PM »

Hi everyone, I know a few guys have tripple strommies on their greys and I just need a bit of advice on setting mine up and what jets etc have been successfull. Also  Iam running my carbs off a single fuel line and some guys suggest a fuel block with seperate line to each carby, what do you guys think. Thanks Gary C
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:21:17 PM »

Adjustable main jets would make life easy and I would use a fuel block .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »

Thanks FC427 you dont happen to know where I would be able to get the adjustable jets from? I do have a fuel block and will try it.Gary C
MalFE
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:50:44 PM »

I ran 44 main jets in my triples back in the sixties
Mal
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 04:13:04 PM »

Gary, I can't recall what size my mains are. I THINK 49's. I don't have a fuel block, but I don't get much more that 5000 revs anyway. Not that you'd probably want to go any further. Throat restrictors made a huge difference to drivability. Use the smallest idle tubes you can find. Mine came from 48 & FJ carbies. make sure EVERY jet is the same, I used small (grey) power valves. Mine had red motor power valves initially, you couldn't keep the fuel up to it. Economy wise it is great, even around town, but loves to be opened up.

HTH.

Colin.

colt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: