FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chev/FC  (Read 4615 times)
Scott

Early Holden Fan

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

I am currently building a small block powered FC 327 9" blah blah blah I know this will offend some people(sorry) but Im after some info on after market heaters ...electric or otherwise, manufacturing ducting is not a problem but finding a compact reliable heater is...any sugestions are most welcome. Also I have a single speed wiper motor can this be converted to two speed ? either by some internal changes or an external switching mechanism? any help would be most welcome....thanks
rich
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

you can use a ek 2 speed wiper motor which fits externaly in the same position.try and find a smiths bullet nose heater with demister ducts they are very reliable and effective.hope this helps
FEV008
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Hey Scott, try Aussie Desert Coolers (advertise in Australian Street Rodding) they make a heater called the "Hot Box" it measures 7inches by 7 inches i think.. i dont think it has ducting costs about $300 too from memory (no switch either) .. ps if u can make good heater ducts i reckon u could sell em by the dozen.. put me down for a set!
FEV008
BRAD GILBERT
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

WHY DONT U FIT AN UNDER DASH AIRCON UNIT AND REMOVE THE TC VALVE.THEN HOLESAW HOLES IN SIDE OF UNIT FOR DUCTS.
BRAD GILBERT
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

WHY DONT U FIT AN UNDER DASH AIRCON UNIT AND REMOVE THE TC VALVE.THEN HOLESAW HOLES IN SIDE OF UNIT FOR DUCTS.
BRAD GILBERT
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

HAVE U THOUGHT ABOUT USING A UNDER DASH AIR CON UNIT AND REMOVING THE TX VALVE.THEN HOLSAW HOLES IN THE SIDE OF UNIT SO U CAN CONNECT DUCTS TO THEM
Scott

Early Holden Fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

I was told by a guy at rare spares that the EK was only a single speed motor and that the two speed didnt appear till the next model..and was a different shape and bolt pattern . but more often than not most people recomend the EK unit.....was two speed an option or standard on the EK?Huh
Scott

Early Holden Fan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Thanks heaps for that. I had a better look at that door today the skin is good with very minor surface rust,it has two small rust holes underneath on the inner edge that should be very easy to repair and to my best knowledge it appears to be straight has no bog in it(you can see through the paint) . call me and we'll arange a place to meet round my area....even with a street directory its hard to find my place.
Richard Thomas (Guest)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Scott,
It is true that an EK 2-speed wiper exists, however it is an extremely rare accessory.  You might as well write off that line of enquiry now.  A few  options I can suggest to you:
1.  According to my understanding of NSW rules, single-speed wipers are OK if they operate at 45 sweep/minute or greater.  This may be worth checking in your state.
2.  There is a device known as a "Wiper Dwell Kit" that you can buy from Repco, Auto-One etc  (I've even seen them in KMart Auto).  It's a bolt on accessory that can be used in conjunction with a two speed wiper switch, where the first setting runs through the dwell (which has a dial to set the dwell interval), and the second speed operates the wiper normally.  You install the dwell kit out of sight under the dash somewhere, since they are usually pretty ugly.
3.  The 2-speed wiper from an XP Falcon also fits.
Hope this helps, RET
Scott

Early Holden Fan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Thanks heaps Richard
Ken McLean
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »

Hi, I manufacture 2 speed wiper units from single speed EK units. They cost $50 and are fully guarranteed to work to engineers standards.  I have supplied over 30 so far including a number into FE's and FC's with Chevs in them.  Contact me at ken.mclean@belden.com.au.
John Mayberry
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2000, 01:00:00 PM »

I converted a EK single speed wiper motor to Two speed by using the windings and switch mech.(parking and resistor) from a HK holden, it has been working now for two years without dramas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: