FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:48:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Al fresco Meeting...  (Read 9788 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: January 16, 2003, 02:25:12 AM »

When we arrived at the club-house last night, we discovered that there was no power or running water.  Indeed, there was no floor or windows and the walls were in a fairly parlous state.....

Thank you so much HRSC for not letting us know before-hand.  You'd think after 3 years of paying $30/night they could have found 30c to give us a call and let us know the hall was 'unavailable'.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 03:26:17 AM »

holy crap!!!!1  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

simon
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 04:04:09 AM »

The only thing I was thinking, was that "they" may not know either... depends I guess when it happened... :-/ which may answer why they didn't ring..??

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 04:32:53 AM »

Oh they'd know.  They have a poor track record when it comes to contacting their tenants - we were never told the time the place was vandalised and the locks were changed either.  They happily bank the cheques though  Sad

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 09:21:01 AM »

Maybe we should forget to tell them we have changed our meeting venue, or would that be bringing us down to there level? Shocked

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2003, 11:42:01 AM »

Richard - should you be alarmed now or still stay alert ?

Do you think that it's possible that terrorista are targetting the NSW FE/FC cc & they got the wrong night ?

He He He

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 08:44:27 PM »

did somebody forget to turn off the barbeque at the Christmas party??  Shocked

I guess the club knew since they plastered their banner proudly across it lol

Ed

in the shed
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2003, 02:18:37 AM »

Did one soccer team beat another and the loser's fans took to destroying what they could? Shocked? Shocked? Shocked? Shocked?

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2003, 02:25:42 AM »

Cumberland Oval '81 style?  Possibly.  Never considered Soccer Hooliganism, but you might be onto something there. Grin

cheers
RET

slim
Guru

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2003, 02:33:41 AM »

I dont know I heard Saddam Hussein is anti HOLDEN, could it be? No hes to smart for that isnt He?  Am I risking assassination as a FE/FC club member Shocked.   ITs worth the risk Grin

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Brendan Tinson
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2003, 07:28:54 AM »

Hi all,
I have spent the last 18 months toiling away under my FC ute and I've got the HR front, diff and brakes in, a 202 and trimatic and a 3/4 chassis kit.
I have now moved to Sydney and while I was moving the furniture out someone stole my tools. In any event I don't really have a good place to work on it up here and I was wondering if anyone can help with a trust worthy mechanic to finish off the job ie brake booster and the rest of the braking system, gaps and tuning etc, basicly finishing the job off.
I would prefer it was in Canberra as the car is still there, but Sydney would also be fine.
Beano
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2003, 07:04:18 AM »

Not sure what you have planned for future meetings, but the Street Machine Assoc of SA holds its meetings at a centrally located pub on a quiet Monday night once a month.

Members are welcomed to come an hour before the meeting for dinner. There is a private room that is made available (at no cost I believe) and it is a comfortable relaxed atmosphere.

If you could find a willing pub you could save $30 a month.

Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2003, 02:57:40 AM »

Holy mackerel!  If that's what happens when I forget a Club meeting you're going to see me at every meeting forever!  Have we actually found out what, when, and who happened to it?
Hey ret, I could find out how much the Youth and Community centre at the Glenmore Park Town Cetnre would cost to hire if you like.  There's plenty of parking there....
Cat

Zoom zoom!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2003, 03:46:03 AM »

I don't think you, Kev and I make up a quorum to get that voted in.  It would be nice though... Plenty of food too...

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2003, 05:01:23 AM »

OK.  New venue is going to be trialled for February Meeting.

Sheridan Hotel
Corner Fairfield & McCredie Roads
West Guildford

Literally around the corner from the old place.

All the details (including a map) are here: http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nsw/meetings.html

There'll be another thread in the Events section for comments and more info.

cheers
RET

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: