FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 09, 2024, 08:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: wtb grey motor twin carb manifold  (Read 4291 times)
JSM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:37:39 PM »

G'day

I'm looking to buy a twin carb manifold to suit down draft style carbs i.e. stromie's for a grey motor. I'd also consider other types of multi-carb manifolds i.e. triples in side or down draft but preference is for the twin setup. 
I'd prefer something bare i.e. no carbs but would consider a whole set up and would appreciate it if you would be willing to post it to me if not from close by (Wollongong area).

PM me if you have one that you think i'd be interested in that your willing to part with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers
John

On a Mission to fix up my Ute, Five years down so far... hopefully this'll be the last before i can drive her!!!
vintageholden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 01:41:49 PM »

there are a few on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-EARLY-MODEL-GREY-MOTOR-TWIN-CARBY-MANIFOLD_W0QQitemZ300337517765QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45ed82d4c5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-GREY-6-CAIN-TWIN-STROMBERG-MANIFOLD-FJ-FB-FC-EK_W0QQitemZ330352158496QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4cea85e720&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

JSM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 02:26:05 PM »

Cheers for that mate!,

I'd seen these... the Cain one I think is a bit over priced  Undecided
I don't really like the look of the other one... Have you / anyone had any experience with the performance of the monaro motors ones? Do they flow alright?

Cheers
John

On a Mission to fix up my Ute, Five years down so far... hopefully this'll be the last before i can drive her!!!
vintageholden

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »

had a set on a red motor ran well
not grey....
JSM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 06:12:59 PM »

Cheers for that mate!

I'll Keep an eye on ebay... In the mean time anyone have something available???

Cheers
John

JSM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »

G'day all

Still on the hunt however I've changed my mind after some discussion with a few people and I'm after a Manifold to suit triple down draft strombergs or a twin side draft manifold (suit Grey motor). I understand that these are probably few and far between but anyone with one of these two types of manifold willing to part with it please send me a PM or email me at jm712@uow.edu.au.

I understand that due to these types being rarer they fetch a higher price, I will pay good money for a manifold in good usable condition (even if I have to clean it up a bit).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! There has to be some out there!

Cheers
John

JSM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 09:13:05 PM »

I've sourced what I was after.

No longer looking.

Cheers
John

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: