FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:28:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dress Rings  (Read 2012 times)
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:58:14 AM »

I am putting the chrome dress rings from my FE onto my FC and find that they do not quite fit. They are basically loose in the FC rims. I think if I bend out all the tabs slightly this will correct the fit but I am not sure if they will stay on at 100kmh. I think the FC has HR rims from what someone observed from a picture a while back - are there ever so slight differences in 13" rims of the early Holdens?

Cheers,

Paul

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 09:28:27 AM »

I had the same problem, two dress rims fitted perfectly, the other two were loose on the wheel.  I finished up getting two FC wheels from El Presidente, got them all sand blasted and painted (at the same time I fitted new white wall tyres) and now they all fit fine.   Grin   Grin   Grin

Also when I bought my wheel trims they had double sided tape on them, so I think the owner before me had the same problem.

Red

1959 FC Holden Ute
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »

Paul,

You may remember that I mentioned that the ute has the wrong rims on it...  That is why the dress rims do not fit properly.  You need some dress rims that suit HR or XM/XP Falcon.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 07:32:25 AM »

Actually, I found that when I bent all the tabs out about 5mm the rings fit perfectly. At least they didn't fall off in a 100k round trip....

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: