FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 10:21:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WA rust repairs  (Read 3087 times)
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2009, 03:17:44 PM »

gday guys

looking for a recommendation for a good rust repairer in West Aust  (Perth metro area)

it's been suggested it might be prudent to get this fixed before the next trip across the Nullabor

and this

then i can get the panel work done when we get back from the Nats

preferably someone you have used and trust to do a good job
(not someone a mate told you about who knows another mate with a friend who has an uncle who used to be a panelbeater !)

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »

dunno about a panel guy, but loving those gloves.

in the shed
Rabbitoh
vic-club

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:12:08 PM »

Looks like the Queen is having a go at being a mechanic! Grin

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2025?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2025?
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »

John Gilbert at JustRust... he is a member here and does great work from the photos I have seen.

He made up the louvres for my van when i did it all of those years ago...

FantaC is his handle...

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 03:09:24 PM »

Sorry guys...stupid question time

Can i get replacement bits for these sections from Rare Spares ?

Do i need to worry about quality or do Rares have different manufacturers in different states ?
If Rares bits dont fit properly ( i keep reading various opinions on thier replacement parts) can any reasonably good panelbeater make them fit ?

The first pic is the bit on the passenger side that runs under the floor from the front of the front door to the gearbox. Where it stops cos i've got an auto installed. The floor also has rusty pin (getting bigger)holes in it. I assume it would be best to get both replaced at same time??..........BUT the transmission tunnel wasn't finished off properly and this was on my TO DO LATER list

The other pics are the front end subframe (using my GREAT(?) technical knowledge). This bit was ''modified" (read - warmed up and hit with a hammer !) to fit the radiator in. So I'm working on the theory if I get a NEW front end subframe any necessary modifications can be done PROPERLY before it goes back together.
The sills will probably need repairs (the drivers side isn't straight and theres more rust)at some stage but  can i hold off  'till after the Nats when i get the other panel rust done
I know its going to cost me more (it always does) to do it as two seperate jobs, but at this stage I just want urgent stuff done so it doesnt get stuck off the road as i need it to get aacross the Nullabor again at Easter

sorry to ask dumb questions but i just want to get a little background knowledge before i drop it in to get ripped off by my panelbeater
I'm getting worried (AGAIN) that fixing a couple of bits will mean fixing adjoing bits which will mean fixing other nearby bits and while we're hear we may as well do this bit and that bit there could be done while we're here and...and...and

I'm getting to the stage where it might be easier to sell it and buy a korean car

Cool Cool Cool
NO I'M NOT !

cruisin's great with a 58
FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »

Hey Surferboy..did you get the emails with the ebay links I sent last week??

They had parts for the subframe. John Gilbert is still doing Tumbles FE. Should be finished soon.
He can only work on it on Sundays if you are thinking of getting John to do the job.

Give me a bell if you need his particulars

Cheers
Gary 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: