FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:11:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: "I want to go, but haven't organised anything yet"  (Read 6008 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: January 07, 2003, 11:24:49 PM »

Well, how can I put this delicately?

"Pull your finger out!"

You have about 3 weeks to get your entry form in.  There's another thread here where you can download it if you haven't already got one.

You need to organise a bed for yourself.  You have several options:
  • Contact "The Isle of Palms" resort, where everyone else is staying and see if they can fit you in.
  • Get in contact with other members of your club who are going and see if anyone has room for you to share (this will save y'all some money, too)
  • Get from the Isle of Palms the name and number of the resort next door where some people will be staying if overflow is required
  • Find a long-lost relative or friend on the Gold Coast Wink

Do this as soon as you can - there's always a rush at the last minute.  And anyway, if you commit to going to the Nats instead of umming and aahing about it, it's a great incentive to finish the car off.

If you'd like specific info, contact Ron Cook, the Event Director.  His phone number is also on the entry form.  Feel free to reply here as well and others may be able to assist.

There's 15 weeks to Easter.......

cheers
RET

{Edit:

And don't forget, once you have extracted your digit Lips sealed and got yourself entered and accommodated, change your vote in the poll to reflect your new status as a Nats-bound dude Grin

}
« Last Edit: January 07, 2003, 11:30:17 PM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 02:59:31 AM »

RET,
      Ive spoken to Kathy and Greg,and they have enough room for me in their Villa.
I am not entering FranCine,or any other car for that matter,but would like to go as a non vehicle participant.
Do i still need to fill out the form?Is there a form for non vehilce participants or do i just turn up?
Love to meet everybody and go for a cruise with a few of you,Craig has said i can cruise in the Poo mobile with him so should be a hoot.
Can you let me know what i must do to ensure my spot at the dinner table,as accomodation is sorted out already.CHEERS........BRAD..  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

1959 Black Std sedan
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 06:16:30 AM »

Brad,

That's great you're coming.  I've been to every Nats held, but my car has only been to the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 8th.  Every other one I've travelled with others, and had at least as much fun.  (Come to think of it, when the 1st Nats was on I travelled in my FE but didn't own it then!)

Anyway, for reasons known only to the banana benders, it costs $60 to enter and get all the goodies if you enter your car, or $70 dollars without a car.  It has been commented before that it's cheaper to enter your car and not take it :-/  That will play merry hell with the organisers ordering the quantities of trophies they'll require....

If you enter without your car, you still fill in the same form, just leave the car section blank.  We (NSW) received about half-a-dozen entries like this before the last Nats, so I presume it will be OK with the Qld organisers.

Looking forward to putting a face to another forum-addict Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2003, 09:42:33 AM »

Cheers RET.
Look forward to putting a face to one of the Gurus.
Talk to ya soon and see ya in easter.. Grin Grin
Cheers BRAD...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2003, 09:44:06 AM by brads59 » Logged

1959 Black Std sedan
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2003, 11:06:15 AM »

Brad, If RET didn't make it quite clear - the meals are catered on numbers. So you must enter in order to ensure you get fed on Friday night and Saturday night.  The goodies bag and T shirt are thrown in for good measure.

See you there Ken
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2003, 05:02:30 AM »

Ken,no probs mate,i will be there and will be filling out a form at the end of the week.Have no printer so i will have to get one sent via snail mail.
I noticed the Fri nite meal is fish.I hope there are a few cows around for us non seafood eaters Wink .
Anyway cant wait to go and meet you and everyone else,and see some beaut cars.
I think i will probably end up  returning home after the nats feeling quite inspired.Who knows maybe FranCine will be at the 2005 nats Grin.
Cheers and see you there  BRAD... Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2003, 05:04:11 AM by brads59 » Logged

1959 Black Std sedan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: