FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:14:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My FE  (Read 13403 times)
jasonr70002

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2009, 03:57:27 PM »

Hey guys just got emailed the numbers off the fe i am buying. It does not have an engine but this is what it is.Not sure on the plant because he didnt put the letter in the email.
FE-225-14569-S   Vehicle is an FE Special Sedan, the 14,569th manufactured in Sydney, NSW.
238-467   The Exterior Trim Code (238) describes this car as Two-Tone: Teal Blue over Breton Blue.
The Interior Trim Code (467) refers to: Summit Blue & Cosmos Grey.
253-7447   The Primary (bonnet, guards) colour is Breton Blue (in DUCO Lacquer)
253-7478   The secondary colour is Teal Blue (in DUCO Lacquer)

Does anyone here have one like this one so I can see what it looks like.
cheers jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:24:26 PM »

sorry guys the email says trim 238 487 cant find info on it.

Golden Holdens FE-FC
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 10:41:59 PM »

238 is indeed the code for Teal over Breton Blue. I can only recall ever seeing one car this combination, and last I heard the motor in it was shot. Could be your car? What part of the country is it in?

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »

Thanks RET for the info I am also trying to find the interior trim colours being the 487 if he has given me the correct numbers as the id program on here does not know so I tried 467 and it came up with the trim in my first post but I have seen another car somewhere in the forum with 487 so it must be a combo. The vehicle is in queensland and I just bought it from leyburn which is about an hour from here in toowoomba off ebay for the princely sum of $102.00 it is just a roller with no bonnet, guards etc but my father in law has a wagon on his farm for bits and when I have finished taking parts off it I will give the rest to a forum member with a wagon for repair panels etc. The sedan has no engine, trans or interior either so I will be looking for that stuff as well. Is my paint combo rare RET if it is then my plan to do the car as per original is definately what is going to happen. If anyone can shed some light on the interior it would be very appreciated.
Cheers Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 12:35:03 PM »

Thsi was the email I was sent.
hi jason,FE-225-14569;;TRIM 238-487;;PAINT 253-7447;;;RPO 253-7478.
thanks in advance.   Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:43:21 PM »

Jason, 487 is not a Holden code, the 6 stamp looks a lot like the 8 stamp - I am sure yours should be 467.
That said, the stamping guy did make mistakes and I have seen quite a few mis-stamped plates. So it COULD be 487 but it SHOULD be 467
I have 14 sedans in the is colour recorded - 9 with 467 trim and the other 5 with 704 trim. Both are Summit Blue over Cosmos Grey - the 704 trim is used on the 1958 model I think as there must have been some minor trim changes about then.

Ken
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 06:05:59 PM »

Thanks heaps MCL1959 your information is very appreciated and now I can begin looking for colour codes and trim samples or pics of the colours so I can start buying paint etc. I wonder how many FE's had this paint and trim scheme. Another post I read in here suggests 4 on record but I don't actually know is there someone who would know. To say I am excited to be building/ restoring an Fe is a mild understatement as I love old cars and I am also currently hot rodding a 1954 International AR110 Coupe ute which I am fitting jag front and rear suspension, V8, rack and pinion power steer, 4 wheels discs etc as when i got it the original suspension was gone. I will post pictures of the FE build as it progresses. If anyone can help with paint and trim samples or pictures or codes please help.
cheers Jason     

Golden Holdens FE-FC
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »

Hi Jason and Ken,
Interesting thread on this one.
Jason, as Ken says, have another look at the 'sloppy stamping'. If the trim code is 487 then the trim is Meadow Green PVC for a FE -217 Business sedan, and Business sedans were not made with two paint schemes
Ken, looking at trim code 467 I get 3 trim sets 467 (Summit Blue & Cosmos Grey), 704 (Summit Blue & Cosmos Grey) and 709 (Cobweb Grey & Parchment Ivory) for Special Sedans with paint code 238 Teal Blue over Breton Blue.
Geoff_K
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »

I rang the bloke I am getting the car from and it is 467 so I can only assume it is the blue/grey combination for the interior how does the combination work in regards to roof lining colour and where each colour goes on the seats and door trims ie blue outers with grey inserts and how would I order paint in regards to colour breakdown for tinting as it will be done in acrylic. Big thanks to everyone who has helped thus far.
Cheers Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 10:15:56 PM »

I have no record of a Teal Blue / Breton blue car with grey and white interior - have you ever seen one ?
Same with Meadow green - no records
Possibly there were only ever a few of these ever built as custom or special orders and the codes were invented so that they were covered, but they never made it into mainstream production.
Jason have a look at some FE's at your next run or check out pics at the various club sites. Otherwise interior shots can be posted.
Eastern Auto Paints in Vic are very good at Acrylic paint colour matching and have most colours on file.

Ken
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 11:28:21 PM »

Ken,
My sampling of ID records is a lot smaller than yours, and across the board I only have records on 21.4% of the paint and trim combinations that Holden published (based on the 'archive' documentation that I have sighted). It does seem to appear that some combinations have survived in greater numbers than others, and other combinations may never have made it into production at all.
However, using my FE-217 as an example, it is the only 'Desert Tan' car in my records (and I have only ever seen 1 other car this colour), so if my car had been lost (as apparently has the other one) would we be now assuming that 'Desert Tan' did not go into production, I don't know!
I guess, I will just keep an open mind, and a critical eye, on what turns up now and then.
(for everyone else, just keep sending us those codes, who knows!!!, what is still out there waiting to be discovered)
Geoff
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 08:56:15 AM »

I am not in a club as yet as I am not sure where one is or even if there is one in Toowoomba if there is one then could I have the details or one for brisbane but that is 2 hours from me which is why I am looking for a local one. Please post pics of colours of paint and trim or if anyone has old trim off cuts to take to the upholsterer off old seats.
cheers jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »

Jason,

One of the tools on the site is the the colour chart. I have included a link to it below.

http://fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/painter/Flash/fe_sedan.html

If you want to have a look at other tools and useful information on the site just click at the top where the car clubs scroll through. This will take you to the main page and you can have a look from there.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Sheriff
qld-club

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »

Gday Jason.  There are a number of  FE-FC owners in the Toowoomba area, some of whom are on this forum, apart from myself there are KFH and OWNFC.    I'll send you a PM with my phone and email if you want to have a chat.   There are others in town not on the Forum who like me are members of the Qld FE-FC Car Club, one of whom is a very experienced restorer of FEs/FCs.   This is the website.      http://www.fefcholden.org.au/qld/        Membership is $35 per year. 
Sounds like you have a bit of work ahead of you.    Good luck,   Mike.
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 11:34:48 AM »

Hey Mike, is that Harry Brazier you are referring to?

Ken's 57
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »

Hi Jason

The link below has a few pics I posted earlier this year. It has the trim combo Summit / Cosmos. Exterior paint is Teal over Elk. Not exactly what you're after but you can at least see the Teal. Trim, duco and head lining are original so you can get some idea of the appearance. Hope this helps.

Cheers...Ken

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,14541.0.html
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 06:47:29 PM »

Thanks heaps Kens57 that helps a great deal now all I gotta do is find a car in breton blue and it's sorted for paint and interior because the upholsterer can match the interior and I can get a paint shop to colour match the exterior by photos. The help I have received from forum members is bloody fantastic and much appreciated by both myself and the little lady.
cheers jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
Stewy
sa-club

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »

Hi Jason,

We have a FE station sedan in Teal Blue over Breton Blue.  The interior is Summit Blue and Cosmos Grey.  The car is close to original condition, however the body has been resprayed and looks like a slightly lighter blue when the under bonnet and dash area are a more grey blue.
If you are interested in seeing photos of the car go to
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/sa/files/members_cars/jeff_stewart/pages/index.htm
Happy to email some further pictures, especially interior and under bonnet compliance plate.
Just let us know if you would like any further details.

Jeff
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:14:58 AM by stinky » Logged

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 09:34:25 PM »

Yes  Geoff and I would be keen to see compliance plate and chassis number details

Ken
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 08:40:21 AM »

Picking the old girl up tomorrow really keen to get it will post pics.

Golden Holdens FE-FC
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: