FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 08:30:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Subframe on ute  (Read 2639 times)
JAKE58

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2009, 06:44:10 PM »

Hi All,
        Have a FC ute project which has a subframe off a sedan attached to it. am i going to have problems later on with registering this vehicle in victoria
                                                                                Cheers Jake
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:03:04 PM »

Jake,

You will have no problem registering your ute. The sedan subframe will have a chassis number that will be able to be used with the ute body.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »

I think you should keep as many details as you can get of what the original sedan was registered as and what the original ute chassis number was if you have or can get them. Victorian registration records are based on chassis and engine number, so you may have trouble when the RTA try to find your vehicle in the system.
I would certainly not volunteer the information that the subframe has been changed up front, but just play dumb and see what happens. But it is best to have as much info as possible. Purchase receipt for the sedan from which the subframe came from would be handy, or purchase receipt of the subframe at least.
Do you have the original engine in the ute or is this going to be changed as well?
Keep the old engine as a means of identification - it may be the only thing the RTA can link back to your car if there are no details of the front subframe history.

Ken
JAKE58

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 09:59:21 PM »

Thanks EffCee and Mcl1959 I dont have the old chasis number or engine number can get a reciept for subframe but the ute and sedan have been thru a few hands as unfinished projects and also havnt been registered for 25 years or more.
                                           Cheers Jake
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: