FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:29:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: We should all be onto this........modification revision  (Read 3013 times)
2door350

Model: FE

RAT 059

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2009, 02:50:02 AM »

hello all,

found out yesterday from my engineer that there is a draft revision (VSB 14 v2) of the modification code available for public comment. But only till the 30th of April!

its located here http://www.pharosalex.com.au/pages/33acs4.html

its a terrible website that cuts of info in stupid boxes, but thats beside the point

The major change that affects us is the Engine Section
http://www.pharosalex.com.au/locked_docs/ncop3_v2_section_la_engines_18_mar_2009.doc

Under the revised schedule the FC is six, thats right six kgs too light to fit in the new category...1100kg and below

(The mass of the vehicle referred to in the table is the original (unmodified) tare mass of the model vehicle fitted with the largest engine available for the model but without optional accessories (air conditioning, tow bars etc).  The mass of the vehicle whether it is a sedan, station wagon, utility, etc, should be based on the heaviest sedan version of the model (not station wagon version)...which means maximum engine size is as follows

1094kg x .183 = maximum capacity in cubic inches which is   200.2

or

1094kg x 3 = maximum capacity in cc's which is 3282

FB and EK holdens with weights 1131 and 1129 fit the next capacity up allowing them to have 344 cu in or  5645 cc

This is a major discrepency!!!!!  Considering that they have identical track, wheelbase, floor pan sills etc and factory hp difference is only 3hp

this will severely limit what we can do with our cars....some support, comments please...

2door350
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:02:45 AM »

There is some discussion about it on the FB/EK Forum, unfortunately without a National organisation that represents Modifiers there is little chance of having an impact on any decisions made.
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5013

JSM

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:55:44 AM »

It's a bit of a joke to limit us to around 200ci!!!! no more 202's!
What is the difference between an FB, EK front sub-frame an an FE-FC one? any? would it be possible to use this instead?
I remember reading about someone who had to register an fc as an fe for this reason....

Could we use their own rubbish against them?

Just a thought

John

On a Mission to fix up my Ute, Five years down so far... hopefully this'll be the last before i can drive her!!!
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »

Maybe I will just have to have an FB ute thats looks a lot like an FE!!

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: