FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 05:20:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: what tailshaft will fit my red motor fc sedan?  (Read 5221 times)
era58

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »

hi, im new to the fc holdens , i usualy build lc-lj toranas but now i find them boring after owning so many ,so hoping building a old holden will inspire me again,,  just wondering if there is a tailshaft out of a holden that will bolt straight into my fc sedan fitted with red motor & holden 4 speed box - i am running standard fc holden rear end . im trying to make car look near stock but have my ex race motor in it ,was pulling 12.4 in my lc four door but now i have fitted bigger cam & bigger su,s , have already fitted motor - box ect but need tailshaft . thankyou - wayne
Maco
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »

Good Luck with the FC rear end.

Cheers
John

Better in Green
era58

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:58:49 PM »

hi,   do u mean its too wide to fit good rubber - i was told that a EH diff housing is narrower so i could fit wider tyres, or do u mean its too weak . i was only running a banjo rear end in my torana,s , without too much trouble .
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 11:03:53 PM »

FC diff's are not as strong as the Torana diff's A lot fit either EH or mainly HR rear ends,, preference is with the HR unit because of the brakes that suit the HR front discs brakes  ...I have fitter LC LJ rear ends to FC's they are narrower than the EH HR unit, It requires the removal of all the LC LJ mounting hardware and welding new saddles on ...this makes fitting deep dish mags possable [American Racing... Ansen ] wheel of the 1970's & 1980's ...might be a better option to fit the VN - VS rear end if your planing to put some HP through it .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
era58

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »

thanks for the information regarding diffs ect , i did get a set of deep dish ansen wheels when i bought the car but they did not fit - too wide , so i bought a set of deep dish 6 inch steels, might have to dig up a lj torana housing. or even go the commodore rear end like u suggest . would i be able to fit HQ disk on front easy ? . thankyou for the help .
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »

as to yor original question re: tailshaft one of yor old torana shafts will do the trick you will have to change the uni's if the diff has the original gray motor centre easy to identify has caps with bolts rather than U bolts
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 02:56:55 PM »

If you want HQ / WB front brakes you will need a HR ball joint front end Shocked having said that there are kits out there that mount discs to drum brake stubs ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
era58

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 04:58:54 PM »

thanks  fc427 on the brakes ect , if i stay with the hr front end i may go to hq front disks like u say & the commodore diff as well . also thanks to ratbox on his info , for now i will get a torana tailshaft just to get it moving onto trailer .great site & reasonable easy to use for such a old fart like my self . ive tryed to be on other forums [ torana ] ones  but seem to get abused when i ask a simple question! .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: