FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 05, 2024, 05:44:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: welch plug  (Read 1657 times)
mc54

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:19:58 AM »

Could anyone please tell me if there is a welch plug behind the flywheel.
I have taken the gearbox out to check the clutch, I was only going to clean up the flywheel as it is is really good shape but someone
told me there is a welch plug behind the flywheel. If this is true the I should probably replace it while the box is out.

Thank You

Mike
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:40:32 AM »

Yes there are two welch plugs behind the flywheel. there is one straight above the crank, the other is behind the cam, DO NOT TAKE THIS ONE OUT.

The one above the centreline of the crank, often leaks, thus resulting in the need to remove gearbox etc to gain access.

There is also one in the back of the head IIRC, often it is easier to remove the head rather than get the engine on such an angle so that you can gain access to this one

HTH
Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mc54

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:10:14 AM »

Thanks Keith

I have already taken the head off and replaced all the welch plugs including the ones behind the side plate. This is the last one.

Regards
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: