FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:04:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Full chassis for fe/fc ?  (Read 2768 times)
scarey1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2002, 11:43:21 AM »

hi all

i was talking to a mate the other day and he was telling me that you can get(or make) a full chassis that bolts up to you exsisting chassis at the front and back.

has anyone else heard of this ??

i would like some more info if anyone has got it.

thanks

scarey1 Grin
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 12:23:44 PM »

Castlemaine Rod Shop put out a Chassis kit for Fc's to strengthen the torsional rigidity of the body. It is welded into place effectivelly linking the  front y-frame mountings to the rear spring hangers. Different kits are available depending upon which motor/gearbox set-up you want to run. I have one in my car running a red 192 and four speed M20 and my mate has on in his Van which is runnning Chev 350/Turbo 350,  the V8 kit comes with an extra bracing pack and different rear gearbox cross member.
Cheers
Jockster Grin

Cars are my life not just my work
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 01:06:55 PM »

Hi Scarey1,

you are in WA right?....I've just finished putting a Hadfield chassis in my FC (all bar the welding).  I'm in Rockingham, feel free to come and have a look if you want.  I'm going away on hols from Mon 30/12 for 10 days, but before or after that is fine...

alternatively, there are some pics of the bits at...

http://photo.starblvd.net/fcfromscratch

...under the "Chassis" category...

my chassis came with a modified tailshaft, new uni's and an adapted speedo cable, freighted across for about $600 (plus/minus)...

regards....Brad
mick baker
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 09:25:29 AM »

Smiley

Hi Brad,

have just found this site,some good stuff,I,m doing up a FC wagon with a v8 and noticed your in WA.any chance of contacting you for some info. I'm in Northampton north of Geraldton. Ph 99342142

Cheers Mick
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 11:15:36 PM »

Mick,

no problems, my phone is 9592 8161.

my experience is very limited, but we've got the beginnings of an FE/FC Club happening here in WA just now, so there will hopefully be more opportunity to tax their knowledge in matters FE/FC.

in the meantime, there's many people with experience of V6 and V8 conversions available through this forum....they are very approachable and helpful for anyone with a love for these old cars.....

regards....Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: