FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:58:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: VH40 fitting to WB ute  (Read 2861 times)
GLOZE

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2009, 07:19:39 AM »

i know its not an fe/fc  Roll Eyes but im doing a spot of modifying to my WB ute  show car and im flattening the firewall off and getting rid of the booster out of the engine bay and i was wondering if any body has been involved in doing it and how they went about it if that possible please??

i would love some pics and maybe a a few details on how u went about it? like what master cylinder u used and what slave cylinder too??

the ute is going torun an LS1 turbo engine and has got disc front brakes and drum rears..

cheers afor any help!!

anthony
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:29:29 PM »

I've done this using a Tarago van pedal box. This pedal box has the master cylinder and booster all enclosed under the dash. with nothing on the firewall. You have to get the model with 1 inch master cylinder so it is compatible with brakes. Can't remember which model it was.
The pedal box has to have brackets welded into the underdash area to hold it in.

Ken
GLOZE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 04:19:31 PM »

thanks for the reply mate thats awesome!!!

you would be able to get me some pics of what you actually did??

any idea roughly what model??
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »

I used to work at Hoppers Stoppers and we did this conversion on a HQ show car for a customer. We did it about 3 years ago - sorry no pics available.
I think it was an early model Tarago, but because we had a PBR catalogue, we looked up the sizes and found the master cylinder we wanted - then looked across to the model and went to the wreckers and got one.  We then recoed the master and fitted the whole unit. Firewall was completely smooth - not even any bolt heads.
The pedal box and master cylinder are all housed in a bolt-in frame which made it pretty easy to install

Ken
GLOZE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 05:23:02 PM »

exactly what im after!!!!

look out repco im on the way to use your PBR book!!!!

thanks so much for the help mate i really appreciate it!!
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »

Of course you'll let everyone know what the outcome is and what model Tarago  Wink
Might be doing the same thing myself soon  Grin

GLOZE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 07:48:26 PM »

maybe u should do it first then Grin

nah will do mate ill goto repco tmorra and have a peak and see what i can come up with!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: