FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 07:51:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Ignition Barrell Removal  (Read 4394 times)
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« on: January 03, 2009, 08:23:31 PM »

Howdy all.  I think I am in trouble.  Ive spent three hours today looking for my key to my fc I am "playing" with.  Last recolection with the key was last weekend where I used it to get into the boot.  

I went to take the ignition switch out today so I could remove all the dash components and after sticking wire (A PAPERCLIP) into the hole to release the pin I walked away with no success.  I am thinking I I may need the key in the ignition to remove this along with the wire in the release hole also.  

If anyone has experience with this or knows if the key is required could they please advise.

Thanks in advance

Jase

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 08:27:14 PM »

You definitely need the key and the pin to be depressed.

Usually other FE/FC keys will work - try a few others if you have them.

If not I have removed the locking ring over the top of the barrel in the past but sometimes this just won't happen.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:24:17 PM »

Not sure if mine is different to the rest but the ignition retainer unscrews and fits over the end with a bit of wriggling. Otherwise try to find some other keys to try or as a last resort head down to your local locksmith, should be a doddle for them.

hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 12:06:40 AM »

Its OK Everyone.  My wonderful wife found the key in the bottom of the washing machine tonight.  I must have put it in my pocket and it fell out during a cycle. SWEET.  Back to the removal of the dash tomorrow now. YA!!!

Thanks to all who replied

Jase

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »

And here was me going to add - "Did you ask the missus?"

Mine seems to know where I lose everything..... including my mind!!

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Papa Smurf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 11:05:47 AM »

Yip just ask the missus, I have just sold my encyclopedia's because she knows everything  Wink Wink Wink Grin Grin Grin
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »

Lizard, put a big something onto the key, so you can't miss it. 

At home, my kids (and missus) were always losing the keys to the back of the house.   Undecided   I got a piece of 5 ply, cut it to 6" x 4", painted it in fluorescent orange, and attached it to the keys with some wire.   Shocked

Keys did not go missing again after I did that.   Grin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:23:23 AM by stinky » Logged

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 02:01:37 PM »

Lizard, put a big something onto the key, so you can't miss it. 

At home, my kids (and missus) were always losing the keys to the back of the house.   Undecided   I got a piece of 5 ply, cut it to 6" x 4", painted it in fluorescent orange, and attached it to the keys with some wire.   Shocked

Keys did not go missing again after I did that.   Grin

On a similar note, we have a ute at work that is available for everyone to use (it lives at work, it doesn't "belong" to anyone).

The storeman was always going home with the keys in his pocket as he used it the most, maintenance dept got sick of it so they made up a ring out of thick stainless wire about 5" in diameter.
Yeah try and that in your pocket  Cheesy   Keys never went to his house ever again.

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: