FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:02:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Are they NASCO?????  (Read 4094 times)
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2002, 06:17:12 AM »

Hi all.
I am after a bit of onfo on an item I have just found. They are a NOS set of "Kick Plates". It is hard to describe, but I will try. They are folded & patterned alloy plates, that fit over the section at the bottom of the door. This is ON the door, just under the trim panel. You actually have to take the trim off a bit, to fit them. This stops that ugly scuffing you get from kicking the bottom of the door.
The question is, are they NASCO, or if not, who made them.  I have seen a set on Tony Galeas FB wagon & am in the process of contacting him to see if he can help.
Anyone out there with info, it would be appreciated.
Regards,
Rob

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
ACE
Guru

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 10:28:49 AM »

Wink Hi Rob
    Yes! They are a NASCO accessory bought out for FB-EK.
    Regards ACE Cool
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 07:43:15 AM »

Thanks, Ace!! Grin
I had hoped they were NASCO, not some other aftermarket stuff. I will probably use them on my FB ute. I have trial fitted them to my FC wagon & they look a treat, but not sure if I should or not.
Regards,
Rob

fcvan

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 02:17:02 PM »

Hey Rob.
Are you talking about some stainless metal panels that screw onto the bottom of the inside of the door. They're about 4 inches tall and rounded at the bottom corners to match contour of door edges.  I have these on my doors and although I don't have door trims yet have polished the stainless trims and they look a treat. I'd advise you to fit them seeing as you have them, but each his own.  I didn't realise they were an accessory item so thanks for sharing that info ACE.

Miikael    

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2002, 10:29:02 PM »

Hi Fellas.
I have received more info on them (from Tony Galea) & it seems they were an NASCO option from FE up to EK (He is sending a copy of a NASCO advert). I wasn't sure about fitting them, but because they are FE FC as well as FB EK, they will go on the wagon.
Miikael, mine are aluminium, not stainless. I don't know if the stainless ones are NASCO, but I will ask around. I trial fitted them to the wagon & with the green & Black doortrims, it looks great.
Regards,
Rob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: