FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 03:30:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicle modifications in WA  (Read 3505 times)
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2008, 08:56:36 PM »

Guys,

I am a WA club member trying to get my car engineering completed but the engineer has just come back and told me in order to pass my car, I need to fit seatbelts in the rear (its a wagon) as well as fit window washers (I already have a dual speed wiper motor).

Is this true? I spoke with licensing a while back and they told me that I didnt need to fit seatbelts at all (but I put them in the front anyway) so to be told I now need them in the back is more than just more work, I dont even know where I can fit them up unless I run 3 lap belts across it.

While I know I have made some modifications (v6, rack and pinion, disk brakes all round, CRS subframe etc) does anyone know the diffinitive requirements in WA at this point?

I look forward to any advice.

Cheers
MikeM
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »

Hi Mike

Your engineer approval is governed by the National Coad of Practice for modified vehicles
http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/index.aspx Have a look and you will probablty find your answers.

regards
Weddo
MikeM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »

Thanx Weddo,

Looking it up right now.

cheers
Mike
MikeM
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »

Weddo,

You were on the money. I had a call yesterday from WA DPI and was advised (the confirmation letter is in the mail) that seatbelts and washers do NOT need to be fitted to my wagon, even though it has undergone some extensive modifications (such as v6, brakes etc etc). 

This is what I was expecting given, as you pointed out, the "National Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification" (viewable at http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/vsb_ncop.aspx) that covers what you can and cant do in relation to all types of vehicles.

Cheers
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: