FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 02:20:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Red Motor into FC with HR F/End  (Read 2910 times)
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2002, 07:49:42 AM »

Guys,

can you help me with some info on exactly which sump I need to get to put on my 186 which is destined for the FC (which has a HR front end, engine mounts repositioned)...  I have 202's, 186's, 173's but none of these fit as the oil well in the sump fouls the HR steering gear behind the crossmember.  I have heard that I need one from an EH engine (149, 179??)...is that correct?  Does it matter which one?  I presume the oil well in these sumps is in the middle and sticks down between the crossmember and the steering linkage.

Also, with the different sump I'll need the corresponding oil pick-up I presume...is that correct?

thanks in advance for your help here....

Brad
gree

chopped greens

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 08:45:17 AM »

i think the sump on my 202 is from an eh, but even then, it needed a little "persuasion" (the radius of the curve where the bulge drops down at the rear was flattened out a tiny fraction) to clear the steering arm. this was done before i got the car, so i am not exactly sure. but the sump does hang down behind both the front end and the steering, if that helps you at all.  Huh

simon
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 08:51:10 AM »

G'Day Brad
Yes it is the sump from an EH that is required and you will need the corresponding pickup to suit.
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 11:17:07 AM »

I have an EH sump and pick up for sale if you need them. They are getting hard to find now and I just got this one on an abandoned FC project I just bought.
Price is $60 plus postage.

Ken
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 11:56:49 PM »

Guys,

thanks for the confirmation....

Ken,

yes please, could you let me know how much it would be with postage?  My postcode is 6168.

regards...Brad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: