FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 07:33:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Our new towcar for the vintage van  (Read 10118 times)
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2008, 05:18:51 PM »

Here are some pics of our new Holden FC wagon, which is the now the tow car for our vintage van, both are 1958 models, and we eventually hope to paint the van in the same colours as the car. The car was a one owner, with 64,000kms on the clock, and completely original.

And here are the car and van together.

FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:26:10 PM »

Now that's what I call a matching pair. Great original examples of both wagon and van. The speckled floor rubber looks in mint condition, a well looked after wagon by the looks of it. A great pickup, well done Impala. Cheers Jack
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 05:35:39 PM »

Cute van and will look nice in two tone too! 

Now I know I'm likely to cop some flack here from some but I really like the two tone cream/beige with the black.  Being an FE person  Wink - I've always wondered why no-one has ever done an FC in that colour combination - I figured it was cos they weren't produced in it but obviously they were. I assume there's not too many around in that colour?

Now, if it had whitewalls and a cream and black tuck and roll interior - geez - I might even consider getting an FC..........nah, just joking!  Grin

Kathi

NosFEratu
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 05:42:35 PM »

Dont worry, the whitewalls are coming, on the car and van  Grin
And, the interior is black, unfortunately, the rest of the black is orange Roll Eyes

Impala
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 05:51:03 PM »

Nice looking wagon. Hard to find with such low mileage.

The 'orange' colour in the interior looks like Mesa Tan.

earlyholdenfan

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 06:10:15 PM »

Hey great looking Station Sedan, isn't that the same colour combo as Rob's (4hammers)?
Matt
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 09:43:54 PM »

That's incredible! There is a guy here in Vic with a Black and Yellow wagon exactly the same who regularly tows an old caravan with it. I will dig up a photo and post it.  He has been towing his old van with the FC for about 15 years. Very rare colour scheme for the FC.

Great stuff

Ken
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 06:11:23 AM »

Terrific looking car Impala, as the owner of a two tone primer wagon, I'm grey with envy Cool

I find it hard to understand why this colour combo wasn't popular, particularly with the terrific interior colours. As a kid these were my favourite FC colours. It needs a set of black and white plates on it to really set it off.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 08:36:12 AM »

Have to agree, very nice wagon colours, should look good together when finished
Gary
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2008, 09:09:09 AM »

Ok so it's yellow and not cream!  Sad  But it's still a nice colour combination.

I still think an wagon in a very light cream with black roof & flash, whitewalls and old style hubbies would look absolutely fantastic - but only with an FE front of course!  Grin

Anyone out there willing to take up the challenge in a wagon..... Pedro?  Stinky? Smithy - photoshop? Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
ridgey_didge
act-club

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »

I don't know whether to be inspired or envious.  I would love a wagon, particularly in those colours.  When I was growing up family friends had one and I thought that was the colour that all FC wagons were supposed to be.

The inspired part relates to the van - as I need to do a whole lot more to the bondwood van I have before it can get out on the road.  Its good to see your car/van combination.  Thanks for the pictures - you have done very well.

Cheers
David

Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 11:45:14 PM »

Thanks everyone for the great comments, very much appreciated. We do actually still have the original black and white plates, but at the time of registering it [it was on club reg when we got it] we were told by Vic Roads that we could use those plates, but when we got there, we were told we had to pay $400 for the privelege. But we will keep the plates, and maybe someday put them back on the car. With regard to the colour, the previous owner insisted that it was cream, although we thought it was a very pale lemon, does anyone know what the actual colour is. Smiley   Impala
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 04:54:24 AM »

What are the numbers on the id plate - they should give the original colour code and its name.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »

I believe its Black over Cape Ivory, if the id plate shows 258 as the prefix on the paint code this will be correct.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Impala

'58s are Great

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »

Yes, John, you are absolutely correct, NascoHunter has just done some research on the car, and found that the colour is in fact Cape Ivory and Hi Gloss Black, with Mesa Tan and Black interior. Impala
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: