FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 02, 2024, 10:25:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: ID Plate  (Read 6177 times)
lucky_gwen

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2008, 10:41:47 AM »

Hi there all,

I was checking out the ID plate on my FC and put the numbers into the "ID Plate Results" website. It comes up as a different colour paint, which obviously means that the car has been resprayed. I would rather it have been the original colour because I love the grey colour.

It also says that the paint scheme is of late 58 and was assembled during 58. So does that mean that the car is a 1958 model.

The engine is not original because the number is J 89116.

The numbers are

FC 225 7239 M
Paint 253 7700
        256 7770
Trim 277 629

Chassis 8 15218 M

Thanks
Janette

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »

Janette,

The 8 at the start of the chassis number means it was built in 1958. The trim and paint codes both agree that it started life India Ivory over Granite Grey - identical to one of the cars in the original sales brochure.

Hope that helps
RET

PS: It's not often you hear people say they prefer the original grey. With the flashy red/black interior, many a grey car has had a makeover in it's time.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
fcee
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 07:28:55 PM »

Janette ,India Ivory over Granite Grey With red and black seats ,a real classy combination ,or maybe I am biased . Cheers . Smiley

Sale Victioria
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 08:49:04 PM »

Janette, thanks for the numbers - while you are in number recording mode, can you supply the details from your parts car as well?  All vehicle ID details are always welcome

Regards  Ken
lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 10:01:07 PM »

Hi Ken

The numbers from the other car are:

FC 225 28755 S
Trim 355 629
Paint 253 7773

The body number is worn but I think the numbers are 49690 S, there is no single number at the beginning but I can sort of see an F
The engine number I think is L511683, its hard to make them out.

The car is two-tone green with green and black interior but the ID plate says different. Does that mean the ID plate is off another car?

Janette
lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »

Would anyone have a copy of the original sales brochure that depicts this particular colour FC that they could post on here for me to look at please. India Ivory over Granite Grey. I look through the threads on original advertisements and brochures but alot of the pictures are gone or they don't show up anymore.

Thanks
Janette

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »

Janette,

Trim 355 629

"The car is two-tone green with green and black interior but the ID plate says different...."

Cars that may match your description come with trim codes:-

274-633 Forester Green over Ice Green, Danube Green & Black Trim
275-633 Ice Green over Forester Green, Danube Green & Black Trim
280-633 Olinda Green over Hialeah Green, Danube Green & Black Trim
281-633 Hialeah Green over Olinda Green, Danube Green & Black Trim

If you squint your eyes, could 355 be 275 Huh, and 629 be 633 Huh

Geoff_K

lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 01:56:59 PM »

Hi Geoff

No sorry the trim numbers are 355-629.

Obviously when it was repainted, the whole interior must have been changed as well.

Janette
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 07:34:37 AM »

The codes on your second car reflect a single-tone Special in Ascot Grey, with a Riff Red/Black interior. Obviously that doesn't tally with your description of it, and as you say, it has been resprayed.

Either the entire interior was replaced, or the ID plate is off another car. Either scenario is a possibility. What colour is the hoodlining? Grey or green?

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 08:52:15 AM »

Hi RET

I'm not sure if it has been resprayed I just thought because the ID plate doesn't match. The paint on it looks pretty much old and original condition so i'm confused. I took the sunvisors off it the other day and the roof lining is in new condition. It must have been re-done as well. The colour of the roof lining is sort of a whitish greyish colour and the trim around the edges of the sunvisors is a greeny bluey colour. I will get some photos of both of them and post them on here somewhere. Just have to work out how to do it.

Regards
Janette

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »

It's not getting any clearer, is it? A greyish hood lining suggests the green seats aren't original, as cars with green seats tend to have green hood linings. I'm presuming the lining is the original, pearly paisley-ish vinyl?

I've got the image you asked for on my laptop, and will post it first chance I get.

cheers
RET

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

Here's that pic from the original sales brochure:

cheers
RET

lucky_gwen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »

Thanks RET for the image. I just wish my car was back to that original colour. Oh well, beggers can't be choosers.

Here are some pictures of the other FC I have that the ID plate doesn't match.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: