FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:25:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Re: V8 STAINLESS EXHAUST  (Read 3400 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: December 10, 2002, 10:14:16 PM »

Hi Chris,

Im interested depending on how hard up against the block the original manifolds are.

I have modified my steering for max clearance (still not heaps).

would you allow a try before you buy arrangement?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 02:36:14 AM »

oops, forgot holdens werent powered by Holden any longer.

in that case, the motor for $150 is a great deal  Wink

thx

Ed

in the shed
FCV8UTE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 07:51:38 AM »

ED,EVEN IF YOU USE VT 5LT MANIFOLDS THEY STILL WON`T BOLT UPTO YOUR HEADS BECAUSE ALL 5 LT INJECTED EXHAUST PORTS ARE IN DIFFERENT POSITIONS TO THE EARLY HEADS.AND TAKE IT FROM ME THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ANY STANDARD MANIFOLD TO EXIT WITHOUT HITTING EVERYWHERE(BELIEVE ME I TRIED)SORRY TO DISSAPOINT YOU
BRAD (FCV8UTE).
PS IF YOU ARE HANDY WITH A TIG WELDER AND A BLO TORCH U ARE BETTER OFF BOLTING YOUR ENGINE TO AN ENGINE STAND AND BUYING A BAG OF MANDREL BENDS FROM ANY EXHAUST SUPPLY WAREHOUSE AND MAKE  ;)YOUR OWN BLOCK HUGGERS.THEN THEY`LL FIT
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2002, 09:52:23 PM »

HI FCV8UTE,

Since my last pics I have changed my heads to VN style late model heads, Harrop manifold etc.

I also reworked the steering column by lengthening the lower section apporx 1.5 inches to allow a better steering rod angle. (see pic)

I was hoping that maybe a stocky type exhaust manifold may fit up to save me the hassle of making a set of headers to suit.

From my understanding, headers can be pretty tricky to make.  I always like to have a go before shelling out dollars for someone elses work, but do u reckon an exhaust like yours would be hard to make for a first timer?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 09:14:12 AM »

Hi ED,

Am just in the process of doing the extractors for the V6 and have found them to be fairly easy. Started with two mounting flanges, 10 90 degree bends and 2 collectors...Cut and weld to suit... After I'm done am getting them HPC coated. Tight fit on the drivers side but look pretty good.
Cheers
Jason.  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
Geoffs Fe Ute
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2003, 11:34:38 AM »

Ace.
Interested in the Vu exhaust.Do you know what the difference is between an SS and a standard 5.7 executive VX exhaust.
Regards
Geoff
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2003, 06:24:22 AM »

Hi Jason,

Thanks, I also spoke to Brad, who has given me some pointers.

Will start ASAP.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: