FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:00:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: MY FE WINDOWLESS VAN  (Read 12771 times)
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2008, 12:19:05 PM »

I HAVE FINALY FOUND A VAN.I HAD AN FC WINDOWLESS WHEN I WAS 15 BUT BEING YOUNG AND STUPID GOT RID OF IT.THE FE I HAVE NOW NEEDS A LOT OF WORK.IT APARENTLY HAD A LEYLAND V8 IN IT IN THE 80'S.THE DASH HAS BEEN CUT OUT AND THE FIREWALL HAS BEEN BUTCHERED SO I THINK A CUT AND SHUT IS IN ORDER. HAS ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON THE BEST WAY OF GOING ABOUT THIS. DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS VAN IT IS BEIGE AND AS FAR AS I KNOW IT WAS IN CENTRAL VIC.
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:21:18 PM »

Sorry i apoligise for shouting.

Cheers Neil
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:36:26 PM »

That's OK Neil - we can appreciate how excited you are! Cheesy

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
Omalley
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »

You bought that van from Daylesford Im tippin...........lot of work ahead good luck!!!!!!!!!  If so Neil did you also buy the ute too that was sitting next to it??  (thats if its the one Im thinking about of course)
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:28:45 AM »

Thanks for the replies.

It did come from Daylesford but i picked it up from Werribee. It was on ebay but winning bidder pulled out ,so i happened to ring him to see if it had gone

and picked it up a lot cheaper than the 3k it went to on ebay.

So if you have any info on its history iwould love to hear it.

Cheers Neil

Omalley
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 04:31:04 PM »

Neil,
         The one I knew from Daylesford had a really badly fitted leyland V8, motor not in it when I had a look but the van itself was rusted pretty bad, this was less than 12 months ago.  It was a package deal with 2 other complete utes for 2 and a half grand but the rust in all was just too bad, I thought beyond fixing.  The bloke selling was real nice bloke into his old holdens, he must have sold it to someone from Werribee, or its a different vehicle!!!!  Cheers
                                                                                  O'malley
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 05:49:26 PM »

O'mally,

I am shore it is the same one, just need a donore for the cut and shut.

Cheers Neil.
Omalley
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 06:00:23 PM »

Neil,
        Leave it with me I think I maybe able to help with info.  Im currently working at Creswick and I know a bloke who told me about it awhile back and Im pretty sure he knows a fair bit about it so this week I will go and have a chat with him and get some feedback hopefully on it.  I know where there is an engineered FE van 350 chev sitting over near Daylesford way but Im pretty sure the owner will not part with it, it was on the front cover of Custom Vans and trucks back in 1981!!  I bought a good FC ute from Dimboola back in 2003 and a few months ago was at Garang Gurung picking up 4 FC sedans and heaps of parts.
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 12:15:35 AM »

I can't believe i've had the van for so long and done nothing. But i got my new shed delivered the other day so maybe soon.

Neil
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »

All good things come to those who wait!
Sounds like having a shed roof over the van would be a big step towards progress.
Good luck.
Regards
Alex

Neil FE Van

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 08:24:21 PM »

Unfortunately my wife has sustained serious work injury and with all the crap that comes with that I've had to sell my 2 fe panel vans & 2 morris minors so I may be looking for another project in the future.

Cheers Neil
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »

That's a bugger Neil, hope your wife will be ok and that you can get back into a project sooner rather that later.
Neil FE Van

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »

Thanks JOX515

We are working through it , she has had her right wrist fused and the left is also not good.
My son's car is in the shed in need of resto so will help him out for a while.

Neil
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:16:16 PM »

ouch, I can feel that already - nothing worse than losing mobility of any body part. 

If you are ever down this way Neil, my wagon is available to drive around just to keep you in the mood.......

Cheers and really hope things go well for you both.

Graeme
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: