FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:23:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Trax 1958 FC Holden Special  (Read 17247 times)
classicfe

i wish i still had a fe holden

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:46:44 AM »

Trax has just released a new FC Holden Special in 2 tone Flame Red and India Ivory, its in its Opal series scale 1.43 the opal series the front doors, bonnet and boot open and only 2400 unit made so if you you want one get in fast Cool Cool
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »

Red wheels Huh

Its becoming a bit cynical isn't it? with each release in the early colour scheme.

I bought the Terracotta one on assurances that it isn't pink - it is, it's exactly as it appears in the promo photos.

My guess is that this will be the last FC sedan release for a while.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:28:30 PM »

Regards
Alex

Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:13:27 AM »

Hi All
  Have already ordered mine.
WAYNE
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 12:57:51 PM »

Johns, all the original release FC's were in the late colour scheme, these are made in the early scheme. This was mostly my decision to go with the early scheme because there is no point celebrating the 50th anniversary of the FC and then releasing a 1959 model car is there?Huh??

Regards The pink car - The colour is Terraglow not Terracotta and it is pink in colour. GMH did release pink cars believe it or not!
My opinion is that it adds a refreshing change to the mundane blue, green and grey cars. I have always tried to choose colours for the TRAX models which are different but still original.

I chose the Flame red and India Ivory for the anniversary model as it has been one of the most popular colours used on FC's over the years although it was not popular at the time of release, so few genuine red and white cars are still in existence.

There are plans for more FC releases, but as always, demand pushes supply. If you don't want to see any more FC releases, then don't buy this model. If you do want more then snap it up because I don't think it will last long.

Ken
Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »

Hey Ken,
any danger of the FE commercials/wagons being done? Cheesy

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2024?
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »

I second the sentiment of Rabbitoh's post.

Why hasn't there been an FE wagon produced?  The FE wagon was the first released and Trax are long overdue in producing a model in that body shape.  And lets have a ute and van while they are at it I say.

That's my 2 bob's worth on this.

David

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 08:50:40 PM »

There has been no news on either wagons, utes or vans which is surprising since the other ute and wagon models sell quite well.  Next time I talk to Trax I will push this wheel barrow.

Ken
spybo

Retrotech's the way to go

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 12:59:20 AM »

I'm with Ken,
Some of those 50's colours look great...love the pastel type pink!
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 03:36:55 AM »

Thanks for the info Ken. I mean't Terraglow  Tongue, it didn't seem worthwhile correcting earlier.

In the spirit of healthy debate, I have looked at a number of Terraglow cars and I'm sure you've seen a lot more. Terraglow is not candy pink, the Trax model is. As you may recall this was raised here and we were assured the actual model colour was not pink like the promo photos, it's exactly like the promo photos. GMH did indeed release pink cars, but not, officially at least, until the FB.

My point simply is that, as you said in the earlier discussion, Terraglow was a significant colour for GMH, with a unique interior, its just a pity the model doesn't reflect it.

I think the red colour scheme is attractive. My point was that I think it would have looked better with the lighter colour wheels. My understanding is that when produced in this scheme the wheels would have been ivory?

That's now four on the trot in the early scheme and they weren't all 50th anniversary models were they? For those who haven't collected all of the Trax models (like me) this could be becoming a bit repetitious.

Cheers
John  Smiley

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 11:04:09 AM »

These pictures came off ebay over the last four years.  Both cars appeared to be wearing their original paint.

A bloke at work bought one of the 'Terrapink' models, when directly compared with some of these pictures, the model looked very close.

The model closely marched the car in the first three pictures.

Cheers

Brett

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »

The Trax colour is indeed very close to the original colour, and it is pink - an officially released colour in 1958. Just because it doesn't have the word "Pink" in the name of the colour doesn't mean it is not pink.
It is very hard to match paint samples to photos of cars and I wont claim that the colour is identical to original but it is not as far away as you would suggest. I have a number of photos of Terraglow cars and all of them look different with sunlight and time of day etc. It is a tough job made even harder with Trax refusing to show me finished prototype models for approval before releasing them. They continue to make the wheels the wrong colour and the interior was wrong on the Terraglow car.  You can only tell people so many times - if they would show me the prototype then a lot of these problems wouldn't happen.

For your information, the 4 models were all planned and made at the same time about 3 years ago which was when I supplied all 4 colour schemes. Trax decide on release dates but I knew 2 would be released early and my understanding was that the other 2 would be released together for the 50th anniversary. The 1st 2 models sold so well that they brought out the 3rd one early and followed later with the 4th. The 3rd model was not received as well as the 1st 2 probably because some buyers just could not get over the pink colour (such is life Roll Eyes).

So this is the answer to your question as to why the models are all 1958 style.

Thanks for posting photos Brett, I suspect that the last 2 photos are of Terracotta cars.

Ken
cajerridoc
sa-club

Model: FE and FC

WHAT TO DRIVE TODAY?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 05:03:35 PM »

I have to admit that TRAX have not flooded us with FC or even FE models.

I was surprised when they started do Commodores and had barely scratched the surface of a lot of the earlier models, but they are a business and I am sure if something sells well and there is a good demand they will be a lot more interested in making it.

Voice your views to TRAX by buying their models, or telling them what you need, or even that you want all the letters in HOLDEN on the bonnet of your FC not just some of them. The old squeaky wheel trick.

If you show them you have cash to spend and want their product, it is up to them to work out how to get it.

They may never make an FC or FE Station Sedan, Ute or Panel van let alone a Business sedan. They don't have too. We need to make them want too.

I've ordered my red and white model. If it sells out before delivery they will be much keener to do the next one. The Terraglow one took ages to sell.

If we are discussing schemes, there is always the second one to try.

Robin

The sticker says "I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden". I agree, I'd rather they pushed their Ford than drive MY Holdens!
KFH
qld-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 11:00:42 AM »

My son purchased the red/white one a while ago and gave it to me just before Christmas.  Love the colour

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: