FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:57:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Possible remanufacture of Repco Crossflow Head for Grey Motor  (Read 21368 times)
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:40:39 AM »

This sounds interesting...
I don't know any more about it than this small snippet on oldtimespeedway.com

If he is serious, it will be great.  I hope he doesn't get inundated with 'gunners' full of promises and empty wallets.  Still if he can build a Crossflow head, he probably isn't likely to be a mug.

"OLD TIME SPEEDWAY's FREE NOTICEBOARD                                                                         Email us here to post your notice FREE for six months

Repco Crossflow Head - posted 24 June, 2008

Rod is in the process of remanufacturing the Repco Crossflow Head for the Holden Sideplate Grey Motor. Approx price, including GST, $5.500. If anyone is interested, please email Rod on rocket2rod 'at' bigpond.com

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:32:47 PM »

Just sent off an email asking for further info, I will post the reply.

Dean.
DN2168
nsw-club

Model: FC

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »

NEW REPRODUCTION HIGH POWER CROSSFLOW CYLINDER HEADS
FOR HOLDEN SIDEPLATE GREY MOTOR

Cylinder head, tappet cover and cam follower caps contact Rod Scheffler ph: 0427 231 119

It is a bare cast iron cylinder head,  It will be machined except for valve seats.Valve sizes are as per original.  It is left up to the individual to have seats cut, hand  porting and flow testing done.You might want to install bigger valves etc. 
Valves made to order contact Eddie Woods ph: 03 9553 2517

Spring Pads have more metal under them to allow for deeper spring recess - spring installed height 1.700” which allows the use of small block Chevy Springs which work well with Holden Cams.

Three extra rocker post pads are installed on the exhaust side of the head.  There was a problem originally,causing breakage as a result of not enough posts on the long shaft.

If you want original Rockers or twin side draft SU manifold or side plate contact .
Terry King ph: 0405 479 906.

If you would like to install Roller Rockers they come in a kit with studs and shafts and have an upgraded Rocker oiling system contact John Anderson ph: 03 5873 4699:or 0428 721 818

For Tappet adjusters, contact Terry Prince ph: 02 4568 2208.

Billet crankshafts are available any stroke combination contact Crankshaft Rebuilders  .
Ph:03 989 40000 or contact Stan at Sainty Speed Works ph: 02 9636 4822

For  Custom made Billet Conrods contact Advanced Metal Turning ph: 07 5446 8679.

For Push rods made to order, any length contact Geoff Truscott ph: 07 5426 1134.

For custom made Pistons call Colin Medwin at Special Pistons ph: 03 979 31110.

Cracking Problems on original heads?

I know many people who have the original heads.  None of those are cracked although we believe that quite a few heads were used in boats which used unregulated cooling systems.  We suspect this caused the cracking and also speculation suggests that inconsistent heat treatment of the cylinder head could also have caused problems.  We have this problem covered.

PRICE & AVAILABILITY OF THESE HEADS:  If everything goes according to plan. 
Heads should be available by December 2008.Price of the Cylinder Head and Tappet
Cover including GST $5,500.00

If you need to contact me you can email rocket2rod@bigpond.com or phone me on 
0427 231 119  and I will be only too happy to answer any questions.                                   

Cheers… Rod Scheffler….
GreyFC

Model: other Holden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 02:39:47 PM »

Not possible anymore actual:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: