FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 07:08:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: SWAP MEET  (Read 9489 times)
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:15:46 PM »

July 6th Blacktown Showground 11th annual Swap Meeting put on by the FX FJ Holden Club of Australia only 10 minutes from WSID... last year's bargin I bought a pair or re chromed rear Bumpers for a Ute $40 still in the plastic from the chromers .......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 11:07:49 PM »

I am spewin, I am flat broke, its on the same day as the re run of the nostalgias, i guess it doesnt matter since the swap meet starts at 6 and its near the drags but its 5 minutes from my house, i hate to miss this one.
 last year one of the FX-FJ guys kids ran a golf buggy into my LTD and smashed a tail light, the young girl tried to deny it at first but i had a witness, the father of the girl bought me another tail light after a bit of hunting around, these are much rarer than FC holden tail lights.
 is anyone interested in going halves in a site?

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:15:30 PM »

Leon it only cost $15 a site you can't be that broke ,,, sell some of your stuff you will be cashed up to finish your wagon for The All Holden Day ......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 11:37:10 PM »

Leon it only cost $15 a site you can't be that broke ,,, sell some of your stuff you will be cashed up to finish your wagon for The All Holden Day ......FC427.......
ahh yeah, im that broke, i want to sell something to get another packet of smokes, i paid a few bills and accidently spent too much at amercan autos the other night. My ford seems to be chewin heaps of fuel lately too, i took my son to a party the other day just off lancelot st, put in $15 and then went to pick him up and the fuel light came back on. I put in $25 last night and went to work today and the fuel light was back on coming home.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:01:26 PM »

Leon Things are tough for a lot of us at the moment get ebaying thats what I do when I am scraping the bottom of the barrel every $50 helps get the car a little closer and a pack of smokes......FC427......

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:32:57 PM »

i was going to ebay, but whenever i do i dont see a cent till 2 weeks after i start the auction, by then i will be paid again plus have my mid year bonus, i just want to be able to sell some stuff to get some smokes, milk, bread and $100 for fuel to get me through to pay day.
 i dont even know what ive got but i know there is alot of junk around here as youve seen mark.
 I have a money order for $30 i can cash on saturday, if i can get in i doubt i will be able to take much in my boot, i have some rear sedan doors and stuff, good hk prem bonnet, FE boot lid etc wich are bulky but i probably have enough junk i can take in boxes.

Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 05:16:46 AM »

Smiley

Leon,

Have you got a right hand mud guard FC

Rusty
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 04:31:25 PM »

Huh

Leon,

Should read Left Guard

Rusty
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 10:12:26 PM »

i'm gunna sound like an old woman but STOP SMOKING ::)god i'm glad i never took up that habbit
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 12:25:48 AM »

only gaurds that need work.
 I was considering giving up smoking, but now petrol is so dear smoking dont seem a issue anymore, as long as i get a few packets at once, becuase it costs $10 to go to the shop just to buy a $7.95 packet of smokes.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »

Hey Leon, you broke the unwritten code and said the f**d Shocked word, now you're going to have to have first shout in Orange, Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
                           Pedro F4+

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »

Yeah i went out there, there was still a good turn out considering the drags were on, i had a money order i cashed yesterday with enough to get me in and put in $10 fuel wich ran out, cost $15 to get in, i sold a box off lenses (nos in nasco box), got talked down to ten but offcourse had no change and let it go for $7, the guy said he would get some change and dissapeared, anyway $7 almost covered half my cost for getting in, now i just need 95c to get a packet of smokes but i should probly use it for a train ticket tomorow to get to work.
 i had a set of extractors, 12 port i dropped to $10, a hr hubcap wich had a lot of lookers but couldnt get the $5 i was after, lynx red motor long runner manifold, 2x sets of brand new sets of triple core plug leads to suit holden 6 hei at $7 each in the box, wilsonia amp guage for $15, new in box new old stock stewart warner oil guage for $40, fc standard painted no chrome headlight surround for ten, pair of chrome 13" trim rings for $8, arp chev harmonic balencer bolt i bought for $36 for $25, a pair of eelco cast alloy lakepipes caps new in pack for $30, a oil bath air cleaner for ten, a ek lower back seat cood cond for $2, a unkown new in box ball joint for $1, acl holden 6 acl duralite cam bearings, $5 chrome oil pump cover startedf at $18 dropped to 15, some 50c badges pluce some othe junk, i only lost $8 and a mornig but i wish i kept the money and stayed home and bought smokes.
 maybe i had my prices too high or just didnt pack enough stuff, i still have this stuff taking up space except for one little black & orange box.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:56:48 PM »

all that for nothing, i just crawled under the FC and found a almost full pack of smokes!

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Aaah but think of the experience you just had - it's all part of the fun!  And, you have now just listed some things you have for sale and might gets some bites through the forum!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 05:22:31 PM »

Leon I was there at 6am went around till after 9.30am and only spent $20 could have bought a couple of EK wiper mtrs for $40 each but was just after some tools for my lathe this time, didn't spot you selling spoke to a few guys I know who were selling and they were very happy with there sales .... Next year it's moving to Fairfield Showground.....FC427......

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »

yeah, i got there late and was stuck on a dead corner, i think around 9:30 it thinned out, i sold something in the first 5 minutes, then just stood there, i think stuff like arp bolts, stewart warner guages and lakepipes caps were more suited to the crowd that pissed off early  to wsid, couldnt get rid of 12 port extractors for ten bucks or sets of new holden 6 leadsfor $7 and ford 6 leads for $5 in the box, ther was alot more stuff i could have took if i had a trailer.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 05:50:06 PM »

9.30 Huh? WHAT ARE THE EXTRACTORS like I may buy them when are you home??....FC427.....

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 08:00:15 PM »

they dont fit early holden, they hit around the steering linkages, they are not 3 pipe side by side like factory holden ones, just 2 pipe side by side down the bottom, they are still in my boot, i am catching a train to work so i wont be home real early but i will be home tues or wed nights after 7pm no later than 12pm

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »

Are you going to the meeting on Tuesday night  .....FC427......

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »

no, i got no fuel!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: