FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:50:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE-FC Wilsonia gauge NOS on ebay  (Read 12057 times)
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »

Hi all, just letting you all know about this little beauty!  Wink
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FE-FC-holden-wilsonia-gauge_W0QQitemZ190231356358QQihZ009QQcategoryZ102561QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:52:12 PM »

Buy it now $500  Shocked

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »

There was a guy selling one earlier this year at Sydney Super Swap N/O/S asking $400 ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 11:06:03 AM »

If you want a NOS Wilsonia gauge I suppose that is the price that you will pay. The last one on ebay sold for over $200 and needed the lettering replaced. I don't know what it would cost, but to pay over $200 and then need to do work on the gauge may well make this one a bargain.

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 12:07:29 PM »

Just in case you guys didn't see it - there was a NOS one that went for $570 a couple of weeks ago.  No box, no wiring just the unit!

Kathi  Cool
F4+ =^^=

NosFEratu
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:46:11 PM »

i have a wilsonia guage i got of ebay for $5
 unfortunately its jammed and its only a little amp guage, less than 2" diameter, made in sydney but still, its a wilsonia.

colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 04:43:32 PM »

Leon, can you post a pic of your gauge? It may be a Wilsonia for an FX FJ. They were an ammeter with 2 idiot lights. It replaced the idiot light unit.
Colin.

colt
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:05:45 PM »

nah, no idiot lights, it only goes -8 to +8, it has no internal or external ligting, looks fj period, back is blank except for two screw terminals, wilson mfg co. sydney printed at bottom of face under bezel and a wilsonia oval shape logo, slightly faded black face, silver numbers and needle.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 08:22:33 PM »

My Dad had an FJ with two gauges one on each side of the steering column , I remember the  +8  -8 on the amps  sounds like the one you have Leon should be quiet rare ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »

Leon,
Your Wilsonia gauge sounds like a generic version to me.  They made lots of industrial and generic gauges to suit applications as diverse as forklifts, lighting plants, welders etc. 

The FX-FJ one has a greeny coloured background (to match the colours of the other original gauges).

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »

it appears jammed, if i take it too the blacktown swap and whack $25 on it would that be to rude?
 i did have to pay about $6 postage to get it here.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »

Leon,
Your Wilsonia gauge sounds like a generic version to me.  They made lots of industrial and generic gauges to suit applications as diverse as forklifts, lighting plants, welders etc. 

The FX-FJ one has a greeny coloured background (to match the colours of the other original gauges).

quite possible, it has no lighting, my uncle Keith reckons it might have been a aftermarket guage for a bike, but it could be industrial, all though the needle and numbers do look a little ornate. the bezel is chrome plated, and slightly lightly pitted.

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 12:05:18 AM »

Leon - what about "$25 (or more if you look really interested) but I reserve the right to withdraw it from sale as I have it advertised elsewhere."  Wink

Paul  Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: