FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:44:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: E K  Rust in sills and y frame HELP PEASE  (Read 2677 times)
dinky

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2002, 07:46:28 AM »

Hi we are new to this site and would love some assistance.  We have a EK Ute and is a good size project but the 1st problem is we need a photo of what the actual sill and y frame should look like as ours has been butchered so badly Cry  that we cannot recognise how to make original looking.  
If anyone has a pic that could help us for our reconstructive surgery on our baby then it would be much appreciated.  we have pics if it would help ill add one to show this sad state of affairs.
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 05:33:35 AM »

Hi Dinky
      From looking at your photo it looks like someone has welded the legs of the front subframe to the body. This is NOT how it should,the front subframe is bolted on by a special bolt on each of the inner & outer legs,3 bolts & 2 screws on each of the side skirts.
hope this helps
Glenn      

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Geoffs fe ute
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 08:44:43 AM »

I have a 90% complete original EK special sedan that I have sitting in a yard.If you are interested,I think it would be a good donor car.It has a fair bit of rust in it,but i think the subframe and that section of floor are not too bad.Dont know where you live,but the car is in Rosebud Vic.The car has never been modified,still with grey motor.I will post vin and eng no' if interested.
Regards Geoff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: