FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:20:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Injected V8 FC  (Read 250949 times)
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2009, 08:25:23 PM »

::)brett i brought the n series bright silver what is the differants.thanks gary.
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »

brett i also notice that the hub on your front wheel sits back into the wheel moore than mine does thanks gary.
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2009, 08:06:05 AM »

Gary,
The "N" series are frosted not polished so the part numbers i gave you wont match your rims. Not sure if these are still available for your rims. The other rims are highly polished with black inserts. I had the frosted rims and was planning to polish these as i didn't think the polished rims were still available. By the way how much did you pay for rims and were they new? I have a full set of the frosted rims with caps brand new for a good price. Tell them where you got the rims from you can't get caps. As for the hubs sitting further in i have special hubs that allow this. My step brother makes them. I can pass his info on but he will need to know what front end, brakes etc you are using.
Regards Brett
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2009, 07:55:14 AM »

::)hi brett i brought the rims new. they have a small  mark on the the inside of the wheels where they have been painted .one has a run in the paint and is very small.i brought the rims 4 for 528.00 DOLLARS.i have the lh torana front end  and ve commodore hubs and disc.it is the same setup as yours.i brought the setup of your stepbrother about two months ago.i dont know how to send a photo the wheel and the hub.it looks differant than yours maybe the way you took the photo but hub seems to stick out a little bit more than yours do.thanks gary.  Roll Eyes
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2009, 04:33:43 PM »

hi brett what is the name of the engineer you are using .i am using the same set up on the front as you lh torrana front end and ve commodore hubs and disc. hbd n series 18x8.the engineer i was  to use said that the front wheels are to big in size. he said i had to use factory design wheels which are 13x6 for lh torrana .the outer size is to big . and the width one inch wider than standard. do you have a phone number i can ring you on.thanks gary.
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2009, 12:04:21 PM »

Gary,
In the states at the moment.
Regards brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2009, 08:46:31 PM »

Well Guys/girls,
Time to get back into it. Been awhile since my last post. As i wanted to hide the radio, i decided to modify the grill and dash to accept a radio with DVD and TV screen. This resulted in a having a slide out tray to which the radio was attached allowing it to slide behind the lower panel.The lower panel will be made of mild steel and will be chromed and have a hinge so that it folds down when the radio is out.
Regards Brett
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »

Love your project.
With the wiper motor switch i used a headlight switch out of a FC with a resistor on it so parkers is the first speed and headlights is the top speed has never let me down.

Simple and works.

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »

Brett,

I am sorry I missed your post with the stereo behind the speaker grill when you posted it, what a brilliant idea, absolutley fantastic. I can't wait to see the car when finished

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
gwuthie

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2010, 01:22:25 AM »

Hi Brett.

Is there any chance of some close up pics of the rear suspension, or maybe you could tell me some info about setting up commo trailing arms etc. I am aware that you got yours outsourced, but I want to do mine myself and could use a few pointers to make it easier. Like where the mount points are compared to original...on the body and the axle tubes.
Cheers. gus
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2010, 09:44:26 AM »

Gus, i sent you a message to give me an email address that i could send you some pics. As for messurements you will have to look at the photo's and do some guess work as the rear end was done by Mc donald bros.
regards brett
gwuthie

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2010, 01:07:14 PM »

Hey Brett.

I didn't get the message. my email is g.kuchel@gmail.com
Yeah i saw that Mc bros did the job.
But do you now if the lower control arms come off the original locations on the body (albeit modified)
I'm not sure if the mounts on the axle tubes are modified so that the arms come out at a different angle also.

cheers for any help
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »

If it were me..

I would position the diff in the required position (at  static height) and temp tack it into place. 
Then get your trailing arms and line them up with the subframe rails.  Cut your old leaf mounts off and position the new mounts making sure the new mounts are parallel to the diff etc and aligned laterally so they will not bind on movement throughout the range of travel.  The angle the trailing arms meet the diff will be determined by getting the front pivot mounts right... Tack it all in, put your wheels and driveline in make sure your pinion .

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »

G'day Brett, check out 365 days by fevanv6 and you will see how he did it, Jason did an awesome job and took plenty of pics so you will basically have step by step instructions, same thing as Ed said but with photo's.
           Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »

Sorry Brett got that mucked up, that last reply was meant for gwuthie.
                                              Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
gwuthie

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »

Thanks Pedro.

I'll post in the mod section...
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2010, 06:51:50 PM »

No probs Pedro and Ed is correct in what he said. Pictures have been sent to Gus.
Regards All

Brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »

Well, i have finally got some paint on the car so its starting to take shape. Keep you all posted as i go.
regards Brett
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 07:17:07 PM by stinky » Logged
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2010, 05:02:42 PM »

try again
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »

Looking good where did you get your guage surround is it a glass repro?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: