FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:31:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Injected V8 FC  (Read 250920 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »

Ken,
The switch is made by Cole Hersee in the states however their distributor is Britax Automotive Equipment in Australia. The switch part number is 75228-03. Do not use the universal switch the hotrod shops are selling. I also purchased one of these and it was cheap and nasty in design compared to this switch. I did not even contemplate using this switch when i got it. The Cole Hersee switch is approximately $50. Good value when you dont have to modify it and you can use an original wiper knob. By the way, even though i spent weeks on modifying a HR/HD switch, i did get it to work but was nowhere near as good as this switch.. If anyone is going to purchase this switch dont tell them you are using it on a conversion as they will no doubt eventually increase the cost. Tell them it is a replacement for an old truck.
Regards brett
ashfe

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »

hi brett is it pible to get some details that you used to fit torana front end ih as how much you chopped out of it does it not fit with both the original engine mounts and how you attached it at the back suck as did you have to resses the floor or did you weld the brackets on to the bottom of the k frame
thanks ashley
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2009, 08:16:52 PM »

Ashley,
if you look at the photo's from pages 1,2 and 3 it will show you the modified chassis under the vehicle to hold the support arms of the front end and it will also show you the modified front end out of the vehicle. As for measurements these will be different on each vehicle depending on the engine, extractors, wheels and so on that are being used on the vehicle being modified. I can give you the measurements i used but you will need to call me so that i can steer you in the right direction. My number is 0412 282 282.
Regards Brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2009, 06:54:57 PM »

Well its been awhile. I just thought i would share some more ideas that i have implimented on my build. These are to do with keeping the dash board uncluntered. I have installed hazard lights and to keep the large switch hidden i have incorporated it into the original handbrake. As i have also recessed it, your hand does not hit it when releasing the brake.I will also install the handbrake switch below this switch. I have also incorporated into the speedo the handbrake and brake fail warning lights and the engine trouble light (as i am running a computerised electrical system). I have also located a photo of the car before i bought it. If anyone knows anything about the car please let me know as i have traced some of its history but not the last few years before i purchased it

Regards Brett
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2009, 10:10:48 PM »

Hi Brett, glad to see some more progress shots, great work! And I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for the disk ya sent me!
Killer shots, killer work, gunna make a KILLER car!
All the best mate!  Wink
Regards,
Moon.
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »

Hi Brett great to see the progress youve made on the car since the day of the garage crawl. Since i last spoke to you i have now gone the UC Torana front end for my chev powered FC . Are your top arms of your frontend still adjustable or have you modified the lower arms to be adjustable via ecetric adjusters from a ford / valiant or similar keep up the good work
                               all the best Simon Addison
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2009, 09:26:08 AM »

Moon, hope the disc helps you. Any questions just call.

Simon,
I have sent you a pm

regards brett
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2009, 09:30:40 AM »

Brett,

You have put in some great ideas there, I like the concealed idiot lights, and the work that you have put into the handbrake to hide the hazard swich, well done. I look forward to the next update.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2009, 07:03:01 PM »

hi bret you step bro came to my place about 2 weeks ago and he show me how to fit the ve commodore disc and rotoers to my car. i was very happy with what he showed me so ibrought aset for my car .i have a lh torana front end under my fj holden and the kit fits very well.keep up the build it looks good.thanks gary.
ofc304

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2009, 09:48:08 AM »

hey Brett do you have pics of the wiper set up with the arms conected  Huh Huh the vacuum pump works back & fourth  Huh Huh
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »

ofc304,
I dont know what you are talking about when you talk about the vacuum pump. The VN/VS wiper motor does not have a vacuum set up. The wiper and switch setup that i used operates the wiper speeds, park and a motorised washer pump. The wiper arms use the same setup as the FB/EK elec motor.
Regards brett
ofc304

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

sorry brett was talking about the fefc arm setup now i understand has to be fbek   Grin Grin Grin
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2009, 04:41:34 PM »

::)hi bret where did you buy you wheels from and what size are they thanks gary.
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »

G'Day Gary,
They are genuine HBD (holden by design) that came out on vz model commodores. They are still currently available at preston motors. The rims cost $489 ea not including the centre caps which i think are about $120 ea. The rim size is 18x8.
Regards brett
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »

hi brett thanks for the info .thanks gary.
v8ek4us

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2009, 12:06:19 PM »

Nice progress Brett, love the hazard light switch....great idea, must be getting close now. Grin
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2009, 09:05:58 AM »

v8ek4us,
Been a little slow with progress lately as i have been doing some home renos. Have just finished these so should start to get back into it. Photos to come as i start again.
regards brett
slack one

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2009, 05:01:38 PM »

Grin hi brett i have brought a set of the same wheels.i am having a problem finding the centre caps.can you give me a part number .thanks gary. Grin
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »

Gary,
There are two parts to the centre cap. The main centre itself and the small centre with the lion emblem. The part numbers are as follows:
Centre cap  Part # SV 10B-030128K  List price $94.92ea
Cap hub  Part # GM  92156262     List price $31.50ea

Regards Brett
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

Gary, I should have mentioned these caps and numbers suit the polished rims and not the silver rims.
Regards brett
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: