FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 09, 2024, 06:52:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Excitement At Finding Goodies  (Read 9882 times)
Rod

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2008, 09:02:42 PM »

I have read on this site from time to time lucky forum members who have stumbled across old wrecks sometimes out in the middle of nowhere which had many nice goodies on them. I've read them with envy as I have rarely seen some of these Nasco goodies on restored vehicles let a;one wrecks.

Anyway last weekend I had a look at two old wrecks (FC Ute and FC Wagon) which I have got little common bits off over the years. When I say wrecks I mean wrecks as there is absolutely nothing on them. To tell you the truth I was a little disappointed in them when I had a look at them thinking I had wasted my time looking at them.

Anyway when I was about to leave my daughter said what about the chrome wiper arms and mechanisms. Initially I said not to worry about it as I have many of these. But to justify my having a look at the wrecks I thought why not. The ute ones were easy to access as it was the right way up but the wagon (with no roof) was up side down. Well once being able to access you could believe my suprise - two washer nozzles in great nick. In addition there were an addition two nozzles (which I haven't seen before) that were in the cowling.

What I can see is that the two cowling ones were put in first. Each looks as if a something of a fine thread should be shrewed into the end but are now missing. At that point I believe the ones that we are familiar with were then installed in the usual spot.

Anyway thats my lucky story. I would interested in other similar stories. By the way these nozzles have been on my mind as I have an idea in hooking up a generic later year washer bottle using the original electric motor switch. (Is that what Earl calls Karma??)

Rod

PS: If I can work out how to post photos I will post a photo of these other nozzles.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:08:19 PM »

Cool score Rod.
I find wrecks are also cool for what they are......wrecks.
Each 1 has a store to tell.
Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:09:49 PM »

Each 1 has a story to tell.
Regards
Alex

mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »

Rod,
             Have sent you a PM regarding pictures, look out for it.

Cheers   M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 10:05:22 PM »

The other nozzles sound like the original Nasco FE nozzles. Are they cylindrical in shape, about 8mm in diameter and 12 mm high with the thread in the side slightly above centre height?
The FE accessories brochure shows them quite clearly drilled through the cowl rather than attached to the wiper base.

Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 10:12:40 PM »

My best story would be also of a FC wagon, lying upside down, stripped and burnt out body - been there for many years. The only thing that wasn't burned was the very front of the car including the grille - which had a grille badge on it Shocked

True story

Ken
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 03:48:15 PM »

i recently got an EK wagon for parts, i was over the moon when i loocked under the dash and found a near mint pair of demister vents Grin Grin Grin Grin
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 04:18:47 PM »

Ok not so much finding goodies like on a wreck, more like discovering what I was given.

Amongst a pile of spares was a dash with the usual million wires hanging out of it. The wires were all wrapped around the dash in a plastic bag, undoing it all I saw a wilsonia guage in the dash.  Smiley

Cheers  M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
coolaride
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 04:48:49 PM »

have found a few wrecks and scored some goodies .
pulled a peice of crap ute back from ballarat and realised
it had the rare nasco 2 speed wiper motor on it !

went to look at a panel van years ago which was walking
distance from my place . the van was crap but he said he also
had to grills for sale . they both had grill badges on them !
$30 each... SCORE  Grin

c-ride
Sideplate
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 07:29:23 PM »

I looked at a ute last year in December.  $500- waas the price.  To cut a long story short I made $1200- from it then sold the ute body for $500- and got my money back, and the ute body was great as it had a canopy on it for years.  Got some more stories but will save em for another time
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 08:37:38 PM »

The best one for me that springs to mind was an EK panel van that was sitting in a paddock. I looked inside and it had a picnic shelf, which I had been wanting for ages. Straight up to the farmhouse, was told "If you can shift it, it's yours." Took it home, took the picnic shelf out, and a bloke pulled up and asked if the van was for sale, No, not really I said, but when he offered $1000.00 I just couldn't say no. Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 07:17:22 PM »

I went to a garage sale a few years back to buy a front guard for $80 and a came away with $120 worth of goodies because the guy just wanted to get rid of them. Amongst all the spare parts was a box that contained a brand new set of untouched Westlite step top pistons worth about $700(which are in my motor now) Big Big bargan Grin Grin Grin I had previously paid $300 for a good second hand set.

regards
Weddo
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »

You never know when your luck is in, i hate garage sales but a few years back we saw a garage sale sign and my wife talked me into stopping, walked up and there on the table was a box, with a steering wheel puller, king pin tool, brand new dizzy caps rotor, buttons and fuel pump kits all still in boxes, the guy only wanted a few bucks for the lot, couldn't believe my luck Grin Grin Cool

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 07:20:03 PM »

A few months ago I went to a market down here in Tassie called the Sorell Market. The market runs every Sunday, and is pretty popular with vendors and customers alike. There's alot of second hand clothes and other junk for sale, but imagine my surprise when I spotted an almost immaculate 48-215 grille complete with grill badge for $50.

Needless to say I bought it and was pretty stoked.  Cool

Not FE-FC related, but still Holden and still a bargain.  Wink

Kind regards,

Ol_Girl_58
nige and Jody

Where do I start?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 07:42:00 PM »

Love the stories,

I recently brought three cars for $150.00.  One FE standard which had a parcel shelf under the passenger side, An FC Standard Wagon with an immaculate washer bottle and an FC sedan with an owners manual and a tool kit.  Great value........

Nige

FC225 (in progress), FB215 (waiting), EJ229A (go'er)
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 08:33:51 PM »

I'd call buying three FE/FC's for $150 a good bargain even without the extra goodies Smiley Cool

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2008, 06:56:39 PM »

My ute cost me $50...  Roll Eyes Grin

Now the work starts...

Phone +64 223509263
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 10:51:06 PM »

My one and only find was sort of from a wreck..... one morning about 10 years ago my wife said I should check out a "couple of cars on a truck, just around the corner". I found a guy throwing out 3 FCs.... Yes, 3 of 'em!! Shocked Shocked Cry

All of them were pretty gone and unfortunately I was too late to save any of them, or anything from them.

A couple of days later I dropped a note into his letterbox pleading that if he had anything else could I buy from him it rather than see it chucked out... He called back and offered me a free motor and gearbox.

The motor is now in my FC and going great!

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 06:43:19 AM »

Ohhhh what a waste, I am sure that if some people just advertised somewhere or contacted the respective clubs there are people that would snap them up in no time. Even if thay are only good for parts.

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 08:05:20 AM »

I think the 3rd FC on that truck would have been worth a fortune. Prototype models are always worth lots of money - especially the ones that look nothing like the final product.

Paul

wmd
       2for45
       9yards
       brb

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: