FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 08:59:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: red 6  (Read 3961 times)
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »

Wink IS a 202 worked twin carbies celica 5 speed commodore disk brake diff hq disc's stub axels commodore booster a good easy set up
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »

202 worked twin carbies - Good and easy
celica 5 speed - Good for economy, don't thrash it or go Supra, may be some farting around with crossmembers
commodore disk brake diff - Good, costs a bit to convert, do you really need it?
hq disc's stub axels - Good for bigger brakes, lowers the car a little too, easy
commodore booster - Good I suppose, not so easy to fit though, they'll be some fab work to be done

ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 09:06:26 AM »

where are you i know where there is a car for sale with alot of that already done
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:15:23 AM »

Rod for your Commodore Booster take a look in Modification Help under the title of ''Show us your Booster'' there are a few different photos of different Boosters that have been fitted you might find one you like  ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:54:31 PM »

had a look at link hk wold it work ; list i put down is what i have  open to suggestion's on engine and trans  don't what to spend million dollars on car ,would like a car that is  fun to drive and affordable to drive still have all standard parts would that be the way to go  any help appreciated
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 08:59:12 AM »

Need more details on your plans - is it for a daily driver or weekends or just club events? Do you intend doing long trips? How much is your budget - $2000 or $5000 or $10000?  Don't say $500

Plenty of people in clubs drive standard cars to club events and have heaps of fun doing it

Ken
rod67

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 12:07:57 PM »

hi ken would like to keep it about $10.000 build up
pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »

It depends on what you are looking for in a car, do you want a cruiser, a high powered sports machine, or a classic original( better not forget ratrods or i'll probably get chipped), the FE/FC looks good either way, there are heaps of posts about building all different types of cars on this site, from bog stock to huge v8's have a look through and read the articles on how they did it, find something you like that suits your skills and budget and go for it, if you are getting the car painted as well you aren't going to have a lot left to spend on mechanicals, have fun with your project and if you get stuck on anything there are always people here willing to give advice if you need it Shocked

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: