FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 12:17:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Celica 5 speed  (Read 9246 times)
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:46:06 PM »

Hi Guys, getting my FC Wagon back on the road so I can join in club runs. Fitting a Celica steel case 5 speed behind the existing red motor. Need help with gearbox cross member.Anyone also had the bench seat modified by a reputable trimmer.
Regards
John
Red Devil.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:25:25 PM »

Because the CRS Celica box adapter has the rear engine mounts fitted you don't need a really strong rear support. I used a bracket mounted from the bolt holes for the handbrake member to extend back to the rear mount. This gives the rear of the box the little bit of support it needs and the motor is supported by the 4 other mounts. I believe that the majority of engineers would pass this OK.
If you don't have the rear engine mounts then you will need a chassis kit and a crossmember from a HQ for example, which will be strong enough to take the engine loads.

Ken
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 06:47:11 AM »

hi ken just wondering if you would have photos as ive got this conversion in a ute i bought a while ago
regards fatboy
ill post some pics tonight os the conversion that came with the ute

fatboy
weddo
tas-club

Model: FC

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 01:19:54 PM »

Hi John,

I installed a celica box in one of my FC's recently and even though I have a Hadfield chassis kit installed, I made a full bracket and mounted my handbrake fulcrum point to the bracket. I will take a couple of shots tonight and post them

regards
Weddo
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:10:40 PM »

To Weddo and Ken, thanks so much, big help. This club is very cool for helping hands. Looking forward to being on the road and part of this club again for this reason alone.
Regards and thanks.
John
red Devil.
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »

Hi John,

A bit slow with the pics but here are someshots of the cross member holding my 5 speed
The only draw back is the handbrake mechanism is a little low ( I might have to do a bit of adjusting) and I have an extra spring and wire to help with the fulcrum action

The bottom of the cross member has a plate welded to pick up ther bottom of the gearbox mount

Cross member bolted to shassis

regards

Weddo

red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »

Hi Weddo, great help in giving us choices and direction. I thank you for you trouble and effort and repeat, this is a great club. The help and support is second to none.
Warmest regards
John
Red Devil.
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 09:04:02 PM »

thats very similar to my mount except the handbrake mechanism sits further up the X member towards the drivers side sill.
i also have the CRS chassis kit but not sure if the X member is CRS too. very sturdy.

pardon me for a second please john Wink

slightly off topic. weddo what clutch and size slave cylinder are you running? is your pedal very heavy to depress?
im just trying to sort mine out at the moment as i have a really heavy clutch ( need a lot of pressure to depress..)

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 09:28:09 PM »

All good info Dean, all helps.
Red Devil
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 06:55:58 AM »

Dean, i had a similar problem with a jap box, the slave cylinders are too small, i can't remember if i got a bigger jap one or used the original on a bracket but either way will fix it Cool

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
weddo
tas-club

HIS, HER's & OUR's

billnjudiwedd@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 09:48:22 AM »

Dean,

Geoff Dellow supplied the clutch plate, bell housing and slave cylinder bracket (along with all the other bits and bobs) The pressure plate and slave cylinder are standard, but the clutch is reasonably heavy, although Judi drove it to the Nationals / Adelaide and back to Tassie without complaint. The cross member I made myself.

Regards
Weddo
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:35 AM »

hi weddo sounds like youve got the same as me, deloow bell housing and slave cyl bracket so i can only assume the rest of it was supplied in kit form. this was on the car when purchased.

spoke to a brake & clutch place yesterday and they seem to think i may be able to go down to an inch and 1/8th slave cylinder?
can anyone conmfirm if this would work?

cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: