FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 04, 2024, 09:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC sedan at Garterbelts and Gasoline in Qld.  (Read 14666 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:21:03 AM »

Found this pic on another site.

Don't know anything about it, other than it is cool.
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:20:34 AM »

There was a few interesting shots from the same guy Smiley

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »

Those rims on the yellow FC look pretty trick, anyone know what they are or what they are off ?. Cool

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 02:59:54 PM »

Was that ratbox's 2 doored EK?

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:45:05 PM »

{Those rims on the yellow FC look pretty trick, anyone know what they are or what they are off ?}. ........They look like smoothies with baby moon caps. That wagon looks cool with the blacked out window frames  ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 09:20:12 PM »

Looks like Ratbox's old EK to me also.
That FE wagon has been shown on the forum before.....as seen at Wintersun by mickusmickus.

Some interesting touches on that car. Did you notice the rear wheel flares?
Talking about wheelarches, when you look at the yellow sedan, do you get a sense that something is different. Looks to me like the front wheelarches have been taken up a little to get the car lower.
Regards
Alex

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 09:45:14 PM by customFC » Logged

mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 12:12:24 AM »

Those rims on the yellow FC look pretty trick, anyone know what they are or what they are off ?. Cool

Are these rims the same or similar? I saw these at the all Holden day 2008 and had a chat to the bloke who owned them, he said that you could purchase just the rolled outer rim and place in whatever center you desired.

Can't recall who he said sold them or what the centers are off. No doubt someone here will instantly recognise the centers.

From looking closely at one of the pics it looks like the tyre size is 225/50/15 (Hard to see but looks like a 15). I do remember him saying that the outer is one size but the center is an inch smaller this due to the large radius on the outer rim.  For example I will assume that the tyre is indeed a 15" and therefore a 15" outer rim the center was one used from a 14" donor rim.

Not sure how that went clearance wise in regards to brake calipers.

I do think that these rims do look fantastic with large smooth open faces, wonder what they look like chromed? Do love the white though.

Can anyone provide some answers?  I swear next time I go to a show like that I will either bring a note pad like a journo or just bring a voice recorder and ask people to talk into that when I ask them questions.

Cheers   M

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 08:09:46 AM »

The ones on the yellow FC look better with the smaller hubcaps, not sure about the ones on the EH they look a bit too much like VW wheels, those blacked out frames give that FE a really different look i was really impressed with it until i saw the bullet indicators, looks like madonnas bra protruding from the front Grin Grin Grin.

F4+
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »

They look like Dragway Smoothies

The ones on the EH look like HK rims with Baby Moons.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »

That FE wagon has been shown on the forum before.....as seen at Wintersun by mickusmickus.
Some interesting touches on that car. Did you notice the rear wheel flares?
I like the trick of blacking out all around the door windows, usually the rear side glass rubbers stand out like the proverbials.

Talking about wheelarches, when you look at the yellow sedan, do you get a sense that something is different. Looks to me like the front wheelarches have been taken up a little to get the car lower.
Regards
Alex
Definately, the car is very low but showing a lot of wheel/tyre.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 04:12:49 PM »

Thanks, i reckon they would look good on my wagon, wonder how they would go for scraping though they look pretty close on the front guards, I think choosing wheels is going to be the hardest decision i'll have to make. Huh

F4+
Fat_Charlie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 07:44:22 PM »

I had heaps of trouble with wheels ,nothing i found that had a classic style was the right dish ,i have crs drop spindles which gives u even less options ,im a fitter/machinist by trade and this is what i came up with.i think they came out good,14"and with early holden caps,
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 08:15:36 PM »

looks like You did a good job charlie, could you post a couple of pics from different angles so we can get an idea of width etc. Cool

F4+
Fat_Charlie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 07:13:50 PM »

Hey pedro ,couple of photos for you ,wheels are 5.5"wide ,195 and 185x14 tyresbit dirty under there ,time for a scrub Smiley
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »

Thanks Charlie but i meant from the outside so i could see the hubcap in relation to the rim, thats a smooth looking petrol tank you've got under there, the ones i've seen so far have been welded and not very attractive Cool.

F4+
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 09:33:39 AM »

yes that was mine, i wonder how old the pic is cause it doesn't seem to have changed much other than what the guy after me did, who also got caught out a couple of times claiming to have built the car Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: